“Very friendly camp ground”
Review of Leisure Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fentress
Leisure Resort
Courtenay, Canada
“Very friendly camp ground”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Great staff, so friendly, used our first names from the start and made us feel like family. Great pull through site, plenty of room, nice open spaces and river close by, good wifi.
Stayed 2 more days than planned, will come back again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank John S

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Live Oak, Texas
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We camped this weekend and had a great time. It is safe enough for the kids to ride around on their bikes, they have 2 nice playgrounds and a putt putt area. Our 2 night stay turned into a 3 night stay because we didn't want to leave. The charge for an extra car was a bit much, but we will be back. Staff was friendly and the bathrooms were always clean.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KearaC
Kyle, Texas
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We spent New Years weekend at Leisure Resort in our class "A" motorhome. Had a great time. The sites were level and good sized. We relaxed and walked along the San Marcos river. Met lots of nice folks who were camping also. The staff was so friendly! Made us feel right at home. They had a chilli cookoff and my wife won second place!
Our daughter, grandson, and his buddy came and stayed in one of the nicely furnished cabins. The facilities were well cared for and store had needed items at reasonable prices
We are only 25 miles from the resort so will surely return to this great place.

Room Tip: Check it out before you park and see what view you want. There are many nice sites with a view of th...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our family really enjoyed our stay at Leisure Resort last week. During the three days we were there, we tubed down the San Marcos River (great family tubing), lounged by the pool, and enjoyed the mini golf and playground amenities. The pull-thru site we reserved was in a great location, and we already reserved for October. Both our kids and my wife had a really great time, and we can't wait to return!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
houston
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My family and I have been coming to Leisure Resort for the past 10 years (maybe longer) but this will be our last year. We have had enough of the rudeness of the staff and the nickle and diming for every little thing. The rates are exorbitant! The charge per person for everyone in excess of 2 people (how is this family friendly?) and then they charge $10 per day per vehicle! I asked if I could leave my vehicle parked outside of the gates and they advised me that it would be towed. I had a friend visit and she came in at 7 pm and was told she had to leave by 9 pm AND she had to pay $7 for a daily visitor pass! The staff were rude each time I talked with them on this last visit. The bathrooms were NOT clean - did I mention that they charge to take a shower here? How outrageous can you get - you are paying above market rental rates to begin with but then they charge you to take a shower in their dirty bathrooms! No thank you! I left a day early (before 9 pm) and I stopped in to ask the office if I could have a portion of my fee back (since I was not staying for the night that I paid for) and I was told no - they cannot refund my money - although this policy was not displayed. I would also like to mention that their camper spaces are tiny! When we had our campground set up - the neighboring campers used their outside shower and got all of our chairs and tables wet! They couldnt even access the back of their camper without getting onto our campsite. This kinda defeats the purpose of camping. Camping should be an economical way to enjoy nature. Not be crammed into tiny camping spaces and gorged on rental rates!! My family has decided to find alternate camping arrangements.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank ansmith4117

Been to Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!