“Disappointed”

Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Farmers Branch
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to any of my coworkers, family or friends... there's better options out there especially in this economy.

I've stayed at a number of Doubletree hotels and was extremely disappointed with my stay at the Doubletree Club Dallas- Farmers Branch location. I didn't realize that Doubletree Club versus Doubletree Hotel that I'm used to meant that I was staying at at economy grade hotel.

Service was okay - checked in late and dealt with only the front desk clerk.

Cleanliness was good except the room had a strong deodorizer smell that will probably give most people a headache.

Furnishings were terrible - looked like it was borrowed from a Motel 6. I wouldn't have mind the furnishings if I were paying $50/night, but when I'm paying $140-$160/night, I expect a lot more from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed December 22, 2009

From the moment i walkedin, I was impressed. the staff greeted me with big smiles and check in was fast and easy. The room had a balcony and a beautiful view of a lake. The food at the restaurant was above average. i was really impressed. I was there for a meeting and the staff went out of their way to make sure all of our needs were met. The complimentary shuttle was a great touch since I flew in and didn't have a car and the driver knew all the best places and was full of suggestions. This is a smaller hotel but is really big on service. i got it from all directions. Everyone always has a smile in their face and is willing to go out of their way to make sure you are happy and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank tmm103175
Reviewed August 10, 2009

My reservation was cancelled in error when I called to change my arrival date. Luckily I had my email confirmation so they were able to accomodate us, but I was given a handicap room with a view of the trash dumpster, yuk! No apologies were offered. Second, I was billed twice for one of my night stays. If I'm ever in the area again, I would probably opt to stay at the Omni Hotel next door.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2009

As reported by others, the hotel is in an office park on Luna road. There are no restaurants on Luna so as recommended by others, heading over to MacAurthor Ave is a good choice. There is the usual DoubleTree dining on-site (especially breakfast if you have the breakfast coupon), and a bar open in the evenings with a pool table. There is also a fitness room and a small outdoor pool.

Also there is another Doubletree in Farmer's Branch (about 4 miles away) and our GPS directed us to that one first, so double check the address of the Doubletree that you select.

I never heard a train passing as reported by others during our 4 night stay and the room noise was no worse that any other hotel I've stayed at.

Hotel was clean and well maintained, the bedding was very comfortable and the air conditioning in the room was perfect considering the outside temp each day was over 100 F.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ac804
Reviewed April 2, 2009

The hotel is a suburban location tucked away with a beautiful view of a lake. I was in a nosiy room next to the elevator even though I requested awy from the elevator. I believe rooms at the end of the hall would have been much quieter, The room was extremely spacious. My room service order was not correct but I also was not charged for it and the portions were huge.

The pool did not have a hottub with and the pool was not heated.

The Cluc Cafe for breakfast was very strange. As a Hilton Honors I get free breakfast card. However, it appears every guest gets free breakfast. I sat at a table that had left over coffee cups but it was the only available table. I had a brief breakfast from the buffet and got tea to go. No waiter or waitress ever approached me.. .

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Nice hotel in many ways but noise is the biggest drawback. Noice insulation is a problem. Heard my neighbors chatting on the phone, coughing etc.
Added noise comes from planes landing at Love Field and trains blowing their horns all the time.
Nothing around here - you have to have a car

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2009

Area of hotel - In a decent area. It was very quiet. Next to a lake. Ample parking. Not much to do in this location, but being so close to Dallas, it really doesn't matter.

Room - We booked a king size room, with a king size pull out sofa bed. There was a desk, sofa and king size bed in the room. We had a balcony overlooking the lake. The TV wasn't as up to date as some hotels. Had to ask for a new remote (batteries out of ours). Lots of pillows on bed (feather). Nice thick comforter. Plenty of room in bathroom.

Hotel - I saw a bar and pool table. I didn't see a pool, but I didn't go looking for one either, since it is January. There weren't alot of people in the hotel, so it wasn't noisy at all.

Staff - The manager on duty was absolutely the best that I have ever seen. He went out of his way to find me some regular pillows. I am allergic to feather pillows, and he searched and searched to find me a regular pillow. He went way beyond what most people would have to find me one. The bartender was ok. She served a beer, but when wanting to order another she had disappeared. Waited a few minutes, and decided to just go back to the room. Housekeeping didn't start pounding on the door early in the morning either, like a lot of hotels. They were just getting to our room, and it was 10:30am.

We paid $100.57 total for the hotel ($89 plus taxes). The stay was worth the money. If you are looking for alot of extra amenities and upscale stuff, this isn't what you are looking for. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmers Branch
Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Hampton Inn Dallas - Irving - Las Colinas
Wyndham Garden Dallas North

Been to Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch? Share your experiences!