“Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Farmers Branch
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I wanted to have a little retreat to get out of our ordinary day to day life and planned an extended stay in Dallas. I found this hotel on Groupon. Though i was a little skeptical at first the property turned out to be great. Real nice and polite staff willing to go the extra mile. The hotel is pretty central from all the major highways close by. Although the hotel itself was nice, the rooms are a little old. Popcorn ceiling, old bathroom, and the bed could use a better mattress.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Monica-Shea, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, March 30, 2013

West, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Quality of room was extremely disappointing, sink faucet leaked continously and bathtub would not drain. Internet was so slow it took more than 5 minutes for a page to load. Would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Monica-Shea, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, February 23, 2013

We apologize for the speed of wifi during your stay. We are working to improve the quality of our internet access.

I will pass on the information about the leaky faucet to our chief engineer. If you email me your confirmation number I be able to give him the exact room number.

Please email me at Monica.Thompson@Hilton.com, so we can further discuss your past stay with us.

Park City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel in the past few months. The outside looks modern, the lobby and bar are nice, BUT my room this time around was like a pig with lipstick---nice on the outside but masked by faults in the rooms. The room had stains in the ceilings, lots of sheet rock work, dirty walls and ceilings---room 407 needs some attention to detail--like a good coat of paint and cleaning the walls and ceilings--the rest of the room was just fine but this room was show a lot of signs of neglect---lots of bad wall patching from either plumbing or water issues. There was an internet switch issue so the internet only worked in the lobby and even then everyone was having issues--I kept dropping and times I couldn't get on the network. I left a empty gas of wine in the lobby in plain view, next to a couch around 930pm and at 830 the next morning, the same wine glass was sitting there as I attempted to get on the internet with no success. The staff was friendly and the first looks of the hotel are nice but this place needs some TLC, at least in the rooms. Breakfast was good and the location is close to the airport.

Room Tip: Avoid room 407
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Monica-Shea, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, February 13, 2013

We apologize for the lack of wifi during your stay. The issue was pinpointed and resolved. There will be no issue with the wifi on your next stay with us.

I have also passed on the feedback about room 407 to our chief engineer. He is working to resolve those issues.

If you are in the area again, we hope that you will give us another opportunity.

Oklahoma City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Hotel has everything if you're going for comfort not night life; great view, small lounge w/pool table, restaurant & poolThis Doubletree location is one of the best in the DFW area and I have stayed at all of them. You are right off the Bush Turnpike and north of Dallas enough to stay out of the crazy traffic if you are there during the week. Very centrally located but about 2 miles west of Stemmons Fwy/I35 to stay out of the higher crime areas.

Room Tip: I believe this hotel has 6 floors so go for higher, lakeview so you can actually see the lake. If y...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Schertz, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My sister and I had a trip planned to the Dallas area and I found a Groupon that gave us the equivalent of one night free so decided to give it a try.

We found the staff very friendly, especially the blonde female bartender. When she heard my sister ordered a margarita, she ran to the bar so that she would make it, and not the man behind the bar. We had a third friend join us for a stay and she loved the cookies. Sweet Benji kept giving her additional cookies every time she requested them. We happened to have been there on Super Bowl Sunday and the manager gave us a great recommendation for a nearby place to watch the game where we could also smoke (Boston's).

We found the location extremely convenient for all our needs. It was close to IH-35 E and 635 as well.

The rooms were about as I would expect for a Double Tree. They were clean, comfortable, and nicely furnished.

There is a beautiful lake with a walkway directly behind the hotel that makes for a nice view or place to take a stroll. We loved sitting out by the pool looking towards the lake.

We had the hot breakfast at the hotel and it was just okay. Scrambled eggs (they looked very dry so I didn't try them), sausage, bacon, biscuits, gravy, and waffles. Also included was the standard fruit, pasties/breads and cereal.

I had left some pants and a shirt in the drawer and after placing a call after returning home, they found them and mailing to me.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the back side of the building and higher up so to have a view of the lake...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton, Dallas-Farmers Branch for your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. And even happier that we were able to locate and return your lost items.

We enjoyed having you here with us. And look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I struggled between rating this hotel good versus average. The reason that I went with "good" was the staff. Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly and organized. After a long day, it was great to be able to get a list and directions to nearby restaurants and menus for ordering in. (FYI, this hotel does have room service.)

Other Pros:
- Comfortable bed
- Lobby bar

Cons:
- No bedside electrical outlet
- Noisy: Could here the person's phone conversations in the room next door, and doors opening and closing in the hallway throughout the night
- No internet in the rooms - ongoing problem
- Shower was not thoroughly cleaned

I was on a business trip and to learn that there was no internet in the rooms and that this was an ongoing problem was VERY distressing. You may want to inquire about this before booking. Had I known, I would not have made a reservation at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

First and foremost we apologize for the inconvenience of the wifi not working properly. Please be assured that the problem was pinpointed and resolved. So, this will no longer be an issue at our property.

Secondly, we strive to provide everyone with "WOW" service. In the Dallas area we are know to provide the best service. That is what keeps our guest happy and coming back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I recently bought the Groulon for tbis hotel to.celebrate my husbands 30th bday. Booking was easy. Everyone was so nice. When Itold them the occasion, theg gave us a free upgrade. Tina and the other staff members made us feel like we were at home. They gave wonderful service! After checking out, we spent some time at the small lake behind the hotel. It was really nice.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton, Dallas-Farmers Branch for your stay. We strive to provide great service to all our guest. We are happy that the birthday celebration was enjoyed at our property. And that you were able to spend som time at the lake. It is a huge selling point for our property.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmers Branch
Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
Wyndham Garden Dallas North
Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Northwest

Been to Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch? Share your experiences!