“Good value for the “Road Warrior”” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch

Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Farmers Branch
California
“Good value for the “Road Warrior””
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

Four years ago I spent a few days on business in the area and stayed at the hotel. I had a good experience the first time, so when it was time to return (late August, 2011) on another business trip, I decided to stay with them again.

The staff are friendly, rooms are clean, the bedding is what I'm used to and the internet signal was fine. As others commented, the hotel is in the boonies, but you should be able to find restaurants (and shopping) in a few miles radius.

One suggestion to management: invest in a double station cook-top for the chef so he can prepare omelets for more than one guest at a time. Guests will appreciate it.

Room Tip: Ask for "lake view"
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Kalandozopap

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Stayed here one night in June. Hotel is large. Chocolate chip cookie was delicious and warm! Front desk staff was very friendly and efficient at check in. Room is a bit dated, but bed was comfortable. Bathroom is a bit out of date. Shower hot/cold was reversed in bathtub - called desk about no hot water and eventually maintenance came and showed me how to get hot water and said this is a known problem in hotel.

Room Tip: Please keep your tips about rooms only
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
doubletreeclub, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thanks for your feedback! I will make sure that staff is aware that this issue may come up from time to time so that they can let guests know instead of needing engineering to do it. We truly appreciate that you took the time to let us know.
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed overnight with my son on our way to Oklahoma City. (Make sure you have your Garmin on if you are driving - navigating the outskirts of Dallas is challenging at the best of times). We arrived at 9:00 pm on a Sunday. The room I had booked did not have a pull out couch - but the front desk was able to fix that right away by giving us another room at the same price. Unfortunately the chef decided to leave at 9:30, so we were not able to eat dinner at the restaurant eventhough it was supposed to be open to 10. We ended up driving around without much luck in finding something decent to eat. The area is business/industrial so you are really surrounded by a concrete jungle. However, to our great surprise in the morning, we discovered the hotel abutts to a man made lake and park. We had a great view from our balcony and went for a walk early in the morning before the day heated up. There is also a small pool which we had to ourselves. Breakfast was filling and the staff are very friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your feedback! The immediate area around the hotel is bare of any type of eating or shopping establishments, but just barely 2 miles from us is a whole shopping district with a restaurant row. The front desk actually has a list of all restaurants within a 5 mi radius. I apologize that the restaurant onsite was not open. The food is great, hopefully next time you will be able to try it out. Again thank you for your feedback!!
guam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

I love this hotel. It has a great restaurant, a good sized bar which also serves
restaurant fare and wonderful amenities such as a fitness room, free parking,
spacious rooms (I received an upgrade) and very very comfortable beds.
The hotel is located close to the shopping district and many restaurants.
It is mostly utilized for conventions and business , but I was here for leisure and
shopping. There is also a running path behind the hotel at the park.
The desk staff was professional and very courteous and also
the maid service was excellent.
High grades from me to this hotel. My hats off to the training staff who have trained the employees and also to the Management who have provided for me 4 star service.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank islandchickarlene
Thanks for your feedback! Its always a pleasure to hear about the positive experiences that our guests have! We work hard to maintain a 10+ guest services reputation and it's reviews like yours that show us we are doing a great job! HOpe to have you stay with us again, anytime you are int he DFW area!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2011

Speacial thanks to the driver of the hotel who managed to drive you around despite the icy conditions! Thanks to her, we could make it to the airport on time!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank otombeur
Thank you for the nice words to our "driver" I believe the driver you had that day was actually a front desk clerk who went above and beyond to make sure the icy conditions did not affect our guests. We truly appreciate your kind words and hope that you will stay with us again!
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to any of my coworkers, family or friends... there's better options out there especially in this economy.

I've stayed at a number of Doubletree hotels and was extremely disappointed with my stay at the Doubletree Club Dallas- Farmers Branch location. I didn't realize that Doubletree Club versus Doubletree Hotel that I'm used to meant that I was staying at at economy grade hotel.

Service was okay - checked in late and dealt with only the front desk clerk.

Cleanliness was good except the room had a strong deodorizer smell that will probably give most people a headache.

Furnishings were terrible - looked like it was borrowed from a Motel 6. I wouldn't have mind the furnishings if I were paying $50/night, but when I'm paying $140-$160/night, I expect a lot more from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2009

From the moment i walkedin, I was impressed. the staff greeted me with big smiles and check in was fast and easy. The room had a balcony and a beautiful view of a lake. The food at the restaurant was above average. i was really impressed. I was there for a meeting and the staff went out of their way to make sure all of our needs were met. The complimentary shuttle was a great touch since I flew in and didn't have a car and the driver knew all the best places and was full of suggestions. This is a smaller hotel but is really big on service. i got it from all directions. Everyone always has a smile in their face and is willing to go out of their way to make sure you are happy and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Courtyard Dallas Northwest
Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre

Been to Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch? Share your experiences!