“stay at Studio Plus, Dallas”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Farmers Branch
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The place is very quite and comfortable. Workers are very responsive and you feel like you are a part of a family. Pubic bus stops are few minutes away. Cleanliness is kept on good level, however carpets in the room and hall might be cleansed. I would return here next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This place is absolutely disgusting. They allow smoking in some of the rooms, so the hotel wreaks of smoke everywhere. I have only been here a week, and I am trying to find somewhere else to stay. The hotel looks like nothing has been done since about 1980. The carpets, chairs, bedspread, etc are all stained with who knows what. The clientele is seedy and creepy. The staff is not professional. The "grab and go" breakfast consists of 1-2 muffins and a couple of oranges if you get there before others who will just congregate there in the morning.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay here with us was an unpleasant one. In response to your feedback, I am currently addressing the issues you mention in your review. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at DFB@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 2 weeks. My first few days was very nice. Then I start to find out about dogs.

The room in front of mine had very aggressive dog. Every time I leave or comes in to my room, the dog start barking and making noises of attacking mode.

The room down the hall had 3 dogs in it. When I walk to/from the elevator, I hear dogs barking everywhere. It really became scary for me. I am extremely allergic to dogs and i just don't like to be around them.

Every time I use the elevator I just pray that there will be no dogs in or out the elevator. Before i leave my room i look tight and left, and make sure that there are no dogs in the lobby.

Regarding my room, the blanket smells really bad, I just assumed that was because of a dog. It was really nightmare for me staying there until my reservation was expired because of the dogs situation.

The people who worked in the hotel was really nice. They responded quickly and very friendly. But the pet policy of the hotel made me NEVER want to go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you were put in an area surrounded by pets. To prevent this from happening again, my team will be assigning designated pet areas of our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dfb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The price was right. We pricelined it for $32 a night for 3 nights. The outer lobby and hallways are tired and a bit dingy. The rooms were incredibly spacious, and the beds were ok. The front desk staff were very friendly except for the woman who worked the night desk overnight. I am sure it is a hard shift to work, and she doesn't seem like she is enjoying it much.

The walls are incredibly thin, and you can hear everything going on in the next room. The first two nights of our stay were fine, but the 3rd night a man played music with a heavy beat all night long. I am not kidding. All night long. Around 11 pm, I spoke with the front desk, and she called the room and asked him to turn down the music. I know she did this because I heard him turn off the music and answer the phone. He did turn it down a bit, but it was still very loud. The base notes just pounded our room. I called again at around 12. She called the room again, and he turned it down a little more. At 1 a.m. I went to the front desk and asked to be moved to another room. She said the hotel was full. It sure didn't look like the hotel was full, but maybe it was. Anyway, she called the room yet again, and asked the man to turn his music off. When I returned to the room, the music was turned down a little more, but you could still clearly hear the base. At 4 a.m., I called her again and begged her to do something, anything, to get the man to turn the music off. It was still going at 7 a.m. I don't know what else I could have done short of knocking on his door and having a confrontation. That's just not me. I also don't know what else she could have done, but surely there must be more she could have done. Anyway, I am not looking to stay there again. The phone did not work in the room, and the air conditioner had problems as well. The bath is very narrow, but the water was very hot with a good, strong shower head. The free breakfast in the morning was coffee, some fruit, packets of oatmeal, and a cereal bar or two.

Room Tip: There is no daily room cleaning. you take your towels to the front desk to exchange.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the noise. To prevent this from happening again, my team is has taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feed back. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dfb@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Good location, near LBJ and Tollway. We got a good price through Priceline.com. Rooms are large. Everything functions but wish they have had HD cable. Internet is free but somewhat slow.
Hotel is old and you can smell cigarette smoke in the hallway even though we are in a non-smoke room. Our reservation says no breakfast. They actually serve coffee, muffin and fruit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been here for 2 weeks and will most likely be here for a total of two months. Here are my comments:
On a negative note: The overall "appearance" of the hotel is in need of a major face lift. It is outdated, worn and tired. The interior of the property from the lobby to the hallway to every private room needs to be completely redecorated. New paint, new carpeting, new furnishings, etc. However, the property is thoroughly cleaned each and every day.
On a positive note: The mattresses are brand new (hooray). The microwave and refrigerator/freezer are brand new (hooray). I was told the carpeting is in the process of being replaced as well as the bed linens. The rooms have a lot of light and breakfast is free every morning.
On a thank you note: The level of service that the general manager demands from her entire staff is outstanding (I give 5 stars). Every little complaint or request was immediately addressed and resolved with professionalism and expedience. They went out of their way to make me feel at home. It is very quiet and easy to work and be productive. I will definitely continue my stay here primarily due to the level of service I have received.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rachael T
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed here for 3 months, moving from a horrible Homestead Suites that I lasted 2 nights at to this property. Overall, the price was good (I got a very low rate for staying longer) but you get what you pay for here. The rooms were not impressive. There was a certain smell that came from it, probably from all of the cooking people had done. The carpets were moldy and very dated but nothing I couldn't just ignore. The kitchen worked for my purposes (warming things up) but the pots and pans you get are limited. They have flat panel TV's that swivel, which is nice to be able to swing the TV from the living area to the bed. The living area was ok. It had a recliner and couch but they we're also very dated and the bed, while sufficient, wasn't very comfortable and the sheets were very old.
The curtains we're nasty and definitely need to be changed out. I think they may have been the source of the smell in the room. There was a guy next door who sounded like he was hacking up a lung every so often. The walls are very thin so you can hear what's going on next to you. Some of the front desk people are friendly and some are not. I had to extend for a few additional weeks and had to fight with them to keep my same rate for the extra 2 weeks, even though I had been there 3 months already. The hotel is in a decent area though and next to a set of condos and a Marriott property so I wasn't worried about safety or anything.
Overall, you get what you pay for here. Don't expect a high end property when you're paying low end prices and you'll be fine. I'm very happy to be out of this place and I probably wouldn't stay here again unless I had to, but it was better than the Homestead Suites I started at.

Room Tip: I had a 3rd floor corner room which kept me away from everything, and everybody, else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Ray V
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the difficulties you encountered at the Studio Plus, Farmers Branch, Texas. Our company’s number one goal is excellent guest service. I am sorry that we failed to provide that to you.
I apologize for not getting to speak to you about your experience while you were a guest at my property.
No words can validate a negative experience. Please be assured of our continued commitment to deliver the quality service you expect and deserve. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business. Again, I offer my apologies and hope you will allow us a “second chance” to exceed your expectations. It is always by the guest comments that we are able to improve and make necessary changes in our services.