“Price is good, rooms are decent” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Farmers Branch
Dallas, Texas
“Price is good, rooms are decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed here for 3 months, moving from a horrible Homestead Suites that I lasted 2 nights at to this property. Overall, the price was good (I got a very low rate for staying longer) but you get what you pay for here. The rooms were not impressive. There was a certain smell that came from it, probably from all of the cooking people had done. The carpets were moldy and very dated but nothing I couldn't just ignore. The kitchen worked for my purposes (warming things up) but the pots and pans you get are limited. They have flat panel TV's that swivel, which is nice to be able to swing the TV from the living area to the bed. The living area was ok. It had a recliner and couch but they we're also very dated and the bed, while sufficient, wasn't very comfortable and the sheets were very old.
The curtains we're nasty and definitely need to be changed out. I think they may have been the source of the smell in the room. There was a guy next door who sounded like he was hacking up a lung every so often. The walls are very thin so you can hear what's going on next to you. Some of the front desk people are friendly and some are not. I had to extend for a few additional weeks and had to fight with them to keep my same rate for the extra 2 weeks, even though I had been there 3 months already. The hotel is in a decent area though and next to a set of condos and a Marriott property so I wasn't worried about safety or anything.
Overall, you get what you pay for here. Don't expect a high end property when you're paying low end prices and you'll be fine. I'm very happy to be out of this place and I probably wouldn't stay here again unless I had to, but it was better than the Homestead Suites I started at.

Room Tip: I had a 3rd floor corner room which kept me away from everything, and everybody, else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ray V
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the difficulties you encountered at the Studio Plus, Farmers Branch, Texas. Our company’s number one goal is excellent guest service. I am sorry that we failed to provide that to you.
I apologize for not getting to speak to you about your experience while you were a guest at my property.
No words can validate a negative experience. Please be assured of our continued commitment to deliver the quality service you expect and deserve. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business. Again, I offer my apologies and hope you will allow us a “second chance” to exceed your expectations. It is always by the guest comments that we are able to improve and make necessary changes in our services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is an extended stay hotel aimed at business travelers and intended for stays of a week or more. The rooms are very spacious while the price is very low. The beds are comfortable. The place is quiet. The location is extremely convenient. The staff is friendly and helpful. The kitchen is separate from the living room and includes a four burner stove, oven, full size refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom is large and hosts a very deep tub. However, the carpet is stained. There is no dishwasher. The furnishings are old but in good shape. This is not the kind of place that would impress anyone, nor is it anything to be ashamed of. The free internet speed is capped at less than 1 MB. You can pay $15 a week for a 3Mb internet speed upgrade. The room includes a flat screen TV, but the cable channels are very limited. The workout room is tiny and has only two treadmills and a stair climber. There are coin operated washers & dryers on site. Dogs are allowed and smoking rooms are available. I intended to stay here for several months but moved out after just five days because of the Internet speed and cable TV.

Room Tip: There are a lot of dogs. If you are allergic to dogs, do not stay here. My non-smoking room was fres...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Farmers75244, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words."
Farmers Branch, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

i've been staying at studio plus since september. the staff are very courteous and efficient. the area is very convenient. any concerns are dealt with expeditiously. there is the convenience of a gym and laundry on site. its a place of convenience away from home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank amorelle s
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that our staff and hotel make you feel like this is a home away from home. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

If you are looking to visit or stay at a Hotel in Dallas, you''ll want to book your reservations at Studio Plus in Farmer's Branch. It is near the Dallas Galleria and centrally located. The rooms feel more like home than a hotel and the friendly staff makes it feel as if you are staying at a luxury resort. These folks treat you like family and not just another hotel guest. It truly is Home away from Home, only a lot more fun and much more relaxing...especially with those luxurious flat screen T.V.'s! Thank you Lei, Martha and your entire staff for making our stay at Studio Plus so very enjoyable! You guys are the best!! Kenny

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, August 20, 2012

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.
Farmers Branch, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have been staying at this property since late June... Going on over 30 Day's.... It's tough being away from ones home for so long. Martha and her crew have made it a pleasant stay. The folks at this property really care about their "guests"; If I need extra towels, or make a request for housekeeping to replace a bulb, a shower curtain it doesnt matter, the task gets done! The folks in the front counter are always there with a smile when I leave in the morning and when I return in the evening! Great job...you have a great crew at this property.

I will be recommending this hotel to anyone that needs an extended stay location.

Thanks

Joe Lerma

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Joe - Thank you for your dazzling review of our hotel. We are so glad to read that your 30+ days stay with us has been top notch. Martha, the members of our Front Desk team and the rest of the staff's main goal is to ensure each of our guests experience an easy, friendly and comfortable stay; one that leaves them feeling like they are in a "home away from home". It sounds like we were able to do just that for you.

We would be honored to have you back at our hotel or any other brand location. Thank you for your kind words again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Studio Plus - Farmers Branch when I was waiting for my house closing....and my experience was wrapped up in one word- AWESOME!!!

The staff truly knew the meaning of CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! The hotel remained clean, neat and tidy at all times. The amenities at the hotel was very reliable and I felt safe even when i exercised late in the evening times!!!

I simply enjoyed my stay there and recommend this place to everyone I know...who is need of a great hotel stay no matter how long it is!

Room Tip: The room that offers a sleep sofa -really provided extra sleeping space. The rooms are very spacious...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Studio Plus Dallas - Farmers Branch. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I relocated to the North Dallas area and did my homework on the different extended stay hotel opens. Studio Plus had the best rate in the area. I stayed there for about a year, and my experience was a pleasant one. It's always quiet, the rooms were clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful- to name a few: Maureen, Tia, Mark, Martha, and Lei the manager. They have all went out of their way to ensure that my needs were met. The hotel is located in a good area with easy access to restaurants, freeways, and shopping. I would stay there again if I relocated back to Dallas or was on a short trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Studio Plus Dallas - Farmers Branch. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Thank you for naming staff members individually as well. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmers Branch
#49 of 200 in Dallas
Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch? Share your experiences!