“Pretty Decent”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Farmers Branch
Highland Village, Texas
“Pretty Decent”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Hotwire was charging $35 a night; water pressure was GREAT & plenty of hot water. Place was clean, quiet both week stays. Staff was very nice during both check-ins. See photos

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Studio Plus Dallas - Farmers Branch. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas tx
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Comfortable, clean rooms. One of the front desk staff always seemed rude, indifferent and not helpful. I have stayed at the hotel numerous times, since than not have a problem with being billed correctly for the room. This is not a location for children. Some 'guests' and people hanging around the hotel seemed of questionable character. It does seem like this location may be a 'half-way house, as a previous reviewer mentioned.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Studio Plus Dallas - Farmers Branch. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 19, 2011

After reading the bad press here, I was very hesitant - sold my place, finishing up a job then gone overseas - ben staying at 3 1/2 stars in the area. Wanted to save money, so took the plunge and got Studio Plus. GLAD I DID!

I've been staying at this hotel for 2 weeks now - can't for the life of me figure out why all the bad press on this place. I feel very safe here - the bed, while a little firm, is a queen, and the facilities in the room is full kitchen, 32 inch TV (not flatscreen) with 20+ cable channels. Don't have worries about break-ins, cops in the driveway, seedy people lurking about. I've noticed occupancy around ~25% full - same across the street at Fairfield Inn, another nice spot I've stayed at.

About the only concern is stale cigarette smell out in the hallways every other morning - they spray them with a nice, heavy duty spray disinfectant - problem's cured!

I was on the 2nd floor, next to the elevator - can't hear it (it moves really slow); there was a large stain on the carpet from the night before, so I scouted the place and found that being on the ends of the building is best, cause you can get up and down the stairs real easy, you've got windows on both sides, and you're closer to the car - reception were glad to accommodate the move, just gotta tell 'em what you want - the receptionist was sweet (people on this thread were complaining about attitude - if you've got one, they'll have one - just human nature).

Anyway, the exterior of the place is very attractive - they pay good money for the gardeners to keep all the hedges, flower beds, trees tip-top. Very quiet place - windows keep the cold air out very well.

I cannot flaw this place at $25 Priceline per night! Crazy - cheaper than rent.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room, and bid on Priceline (they've got the 2 star bidding locked up in the are...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank DallasAussie
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The hotel room were horrible the bed were very hard not comfortable at all, there were bugs all over the room, and any request by the guest it takes for ever in another words, you just don't get your request... The front desk staff were so serious and so unfriendly that we had to leave the hotel after two days, and we were going to be there at least for a week. In top of that I had pay two days for those two days we stayed there and when I checked my credit card account after we left, they charged us additional night that we weren't there, so it took 3 to 4 days for them correct their mistake!!! Never again...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Farmers Branch hotels

Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is not an environment for kids. A police car was parked outside of the hotel every morning. Based on the clientele, their comings and goings and the plastic grocery bags that contained their belongings, we realized this facility is used as a half-way house or transfer facility for those getting out of jail. We were greeted by three questionable people smoking and drinking beer outside of the hotel upon our arrival. The lobby smelled like a bar. The carpets were filthy in the hallway and in the rooms. Smoking rooms were next door or across the hall from non-smoking rooms, so the hallways smelled of smoke 24/7. We had cigarette burns in our furniture. The only photo on the website that represents this hotel is the one of the outside appearance. The others misrepresent the inside of this facility. Our room was filthy upon arrival, and the staff was unfriendly...guests appeared to be an inconvenience to them and their personal cellphone calls. They did not want to honor the rate we were quoted, so I had to call the Kentucky office. The rate was corrected locally, but with a frustrated attitude. We were not able to move to another hotel because they were full due to a baseball tournament.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I had a contract and had to work in the area. The staff was horrible! No communication between shifts, refused to clean room. I stayed for 6 weeks and it was the worst experience of my life. Laundry room was very expensive and they were not pet friendly. The rooms were horrible and people got stuck on the elevator. Brought my little girl and she was terrified of the staff because of their attitude. "They were mean!" Keys didn't always work. They said they would bring up Toilet paper because we were out and so were they. We had to buy some...
Didn't take trash out, food stolen from the fridge. Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else. Even a dog pound would have friendlier people. No customer service had to always call someone. I have pictures of their idea of cleaning the room. I had to buy a vacuum cleaner. It looked like the room had never been cleaned. Phone was broken, toilet broken.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Georgia
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Reservations were made 10 days (approx) prior to arrival on July 30th. Told them to expect us late night - around 10 PM. Traveling approx 900 miles in one day due to dieing sister. Reservations were made to stay one week & I called back before trip to ask if it would be a probem if we extended length of stay due to circumstances. Tried to give credit card number both times - told they didn't need it, would get it when arrived. Told reservationist I had a miniature dog which had come with us before (3 times) - clean, quiet, shots, kennel while in room (only at night); we'd be gone all day. Told that the fee would be waived. Got there 9:50 PM. Desk clerk said that she had been trying to reach us (I had given home address and home telephone number when I made reservations- did she really expect us to answer?) She was about to shut down everything for night when we walked in. Then said she had no keys to room for us because we didn't give credit card in advance. (How could we unload (70s & 80s in age) - needed keys for outer and inner doors to unload). We were going to try anyway. Went to room (after she spent several minutes trying to get in with master key which didn't seem to work) and propped inner door open for us to unload. I tried to call relative, as planned, and telephone wouldn't work. Husband went to desk, and desk clerk said she didn't have another telephone to replace it and didn't offer the desk telephone for us to use. At same time, she said there would be a charge for our dog - $150.00 period - not refundable. I had the name of the initial reservationist, confirmation number, notes and everything in hand. She called the manager, and my husband talked to her, and she was quite rude. She said they wouldn't waive the pet fee as we had been told. Here we are in the middle of the night - with no reservation - no place to stay - old and exhausted and anticipating the death of my sister. The desk clerk suggested that we might try the Fairfield Inn across the street. We did - and they were wonderful to us - better rate and waived the dog fee. Never, never again at Studio Plus or affiliates.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmers Branch
Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria
The Westin Galleria Dallas
Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch? Share your experiences!