“Front desk staff were very rude...”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Farmers Branch
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The hotel room were horrible the bed were very hard not comfortable at all, there were bugs all over the room, and any request by the guest it takes for ever in another words, you just don't get your request... The front desk staff were so serious and so unfriendly that we had to leave the hotel after two days, and we were going to be there at least for a week. In top of that I had pay two days for those two days we stayed there and when I checked my credit card account after we left, they charged us additional night that we weren't there, so it took 3 to 4 days for them correct their mistake!!! Never again...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is not an environment for kids. A police car was parked outside of the hotel every morning. Based on the clientele, their comings and goings and the plastic grocery bags that contained their belongings, we realized this facility is used as a half-way house or transfer facility for those getting out of jail. We were greeted by three questionable people smoking and drinking beer outside of the hotel upon our arrival. The lobby smelled like a bar. The carpets were filthy in the hallway and in the rooms. Smoking rooms were next door or across the hall from non-smoking rooms, so the hallways smelled of smoke 24/7. We had cigarette burns in our furniture. The only photo on the website that represents this hotel is the one of the outside appearance. The others misrepresent the inside of this facility. Our room was filthy upon arrival, and the staff was unfriendly...guests appeared to be an inconvenience to them and their personal cellphone calls. They did not want to honor the rate we were quoted, so I had to call the Kentucky office. The rate was corrected locally, but with a frustrated attitude. We were not able to move to another hotel because they were full due to a baseball tournament.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I had a contract and had to work in the area. The staff was horrible! No communication between shifts, refused to clean room. I stayed for 6 weeks and it was the worst experience of my life. Laundry room was very expensive and they were not pet friendly. The rooms were horrible and people got stuck on the elevator. Brought my little girl and she was terrified of the staff because of their attitude. "They were mean!" Keys didn't always work. They said they would bring up Toilet paper because we were out and so were they. We had to buy some...
Didn't take trash out, food stolen from the fridge. Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else. Even a dog pound would have friendlier people. No customer service had to always call someone. I have pictures of their idea of cleaning the room. I had to buy a vacuum cleaner. It looked like the room had never been cleaned. Phone was broken, toilet broken.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Reservations were made 10 days (approx) prior to arrival on July 30th. Told them to expect us late night - around 10 PM. Traveling approx 900 miles in one day due to dieing sister. Reservations were made to stay one week & I called back before trip to ask if it would be a probem if we extended length of stay due to circumstances. Tried to give credit card number both times - told they didn't need it, would get it when arrived. Told reservationist I had a miniature dog which had come with us before (3 times) - clean, quiet, shots, kennel while in room (only at night); we'd be gone all day. Told that the fee would be waived. Got there 9:50 PM. Desk clerk said that she had been trying to reach us (I had given home address and home telephone number when I made reservations- did she really expect us to answer?) She was about to shut down everything for night when we walked in. Then said she had no keys to room for us because we didn't give credit card in advance. (How could we unload (70s & 80s in age) - needed keys for outer and inner doors to unload). We were going to try anyway. Went to room (after she spent several minutes trying to get in with master key which didn't seem to work) and propped inner door open for us to unload. I tried to call relative, as planned, and telephone wouldn't work. Husband went to desk, and desk clerk said she didn't have another telephone to replace it and didn't offer the desk telephone for us to use. At same time, she said there would be a charge for our dog - $150.00 period - not refundable. I had the name of the initial reservationist, confirmation number, notes and everything in hand. She called the manager, and my husband talked to her, and she was quite rude. She said they wouldn't waive the pet fee as we had been told. Here we are in the middle of the night - with no reservation - no place to stay - old and exhausted and anticipating the death of my sister. The desk clerk suggested that we might try the Fairfield Inn across the street. We did - and they were wonderful to us - better rate and waived the dog fee. Never, never again at Studio Plus or affiliates.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2009

We love to stay at Studio Plus when we travel to Dallas, TX. It has all the amenities (and more) of a 5 star hotel. We particularly enjoy having a real kitchen. The staff was friendly to us during our stay. This Studio Plus is in a great location for getting all around in the Dallas area. Lots of shopping and dining close by.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hamilton_Honey
Reviewed January 14, 2009

The service I have been given at this hotel in particular is second to none. I would recommend this hotel to anyone of any age. This hotel is kid friendly and is close to many attractions the DFW area has to offer. The staff is wonderful, courteous and very friendly. I feel at home here.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank spanky1142
Reviewed October 16, 2008

I work until 7am and my house was being painted. I am an asthmatic and couldn't sleep at home. I got on Priceline.com and made an offer at Studio Plus and they accepted! I was able to check in at 8am in the morning and didn't even have to pay more for it! What a blessing!

Stayed: October 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmers Branch
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas North by the Galleria
The Westin Galleria Dallas
Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch? Share your experiences!