“great jazz and good food”
Review of Fairview Down Under - CLOSED

Fairview Down Under
Cuisines: American
Plano, Texas
“great jazz and good food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

A friend of our is in a local jazz band and performs at the "Down Under" once a month. The jazz was fantastic and the food was surprisingly good. For pub food, the menu was deverse and, talking with friends of our, from all accounts very tasty. My wife had a large salad and I had grilled chicken and both were great. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. It was crowded but everyone had a good time indoors on a hot Sunday afternoon.

• Visited July 2013

“Great place for happy hour”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you're looking for a place to have a drink after work this is a great choice. They have good prices on happy hour drinks every day. They also have Coke zero which is a big plus in my book. The staff is very friendly and quickly learn your name.

They also have good food although the selection is not large. I love the Cobb salad and fried pickles are the best around. All of their salads are good as well as their burgers and chicken fries steak. They have a brisket grilled cheese I have next on my list to try.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sesa38
McKinney, Texas
“THIS PLACE STINKS!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Mgr at @fairview downunder was just a jerk again - we were here a month ago - ordered our food at 830 - tried kicking us out at 9 because we had children - i said we were waiting on our order - and asked why they even took it to begin with if we weren't suppose to be there - why would they give them coloring sheets and crayons - reluctantly decided it was ok to let us stay and eat but never brought kids' drinks or appetizer until we were done eating entrees - had to ask 3 different wait staff including mgr and bartender, who was making fondling drunk women on the wrong side of the bar, to get us our kids' desserts that were included with their meals - had to wait 15 minutes for that - and many other issues... - called to talk to a mgr about yucky service - turns out it was the mgr was the one providing us with the stinky service - ugh - yelled at me and hung up - yes, i called him a jerk - i called owner darrin chaisson - he was apologetic for mgr's rough edges - also commented that although he owned the place he really didn't run it - pathetic waste of his investment - said he would comp meals next time - here we r at next time tonight - waiter was rude and prissy when i told him about owner's offer - long wait - same mgr jose gutierrez comes out and rudely says no he won't serve us and lies saying i cursed him and i hung up on him - yep, i called him a jerk again - is that cursing - no wonder they went out of business in frisco - village, beware you may be in for another biz to literally go downunder!!!!

• Visited May 2013
Sachse
“Average is being generous”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My running group chose this restaurant after being offered a half price brunch with our race bib. The location was literally right next door to the start/finish making it very convenient for the runners. I am giving this a poor rating for service but emphasizing it was out of the servers control and they did their best to keep up with the volume. Apparently the fault lies with the manager who didn't properly staff the place after offering brunch at half price. The servers were frazzled being so short staffed. As far as the food goes it was uninspired and only average but the prices were reasonable. Would I choose to try this restaurant again? The answer is no because of the food. Under different circumstances I will assume the service is much better.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank runnerrae
Dallas, Texas
“This is a great bar!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

First, it's an honor to be the first person to offer a review of Fairview Down Under. This area has really needed a great bar to just chill, enjoy a few drinks and even take in some live music. The food is quite good and the service I received during my first visit was outstanding. The beers on tap are immense and that doesn't include the bottled beer, wine and spirits selection. This is going to become a favorite hangout for games and just downtime with the buds. Oh, and they serve a really good breakfast on Sunday.

• Visited March 2013