“Nothing (I had) special. The homemade desserts did look divine.”

Sam's Original Resturant & BBQ
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Barbecue
Clinton, Oklahoma
“Nothing (I had) special. The homemade desserts did look divine.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I shared the brisket. One plate was more than enough for the both of us. The brisket plate that came with 2 sides was $9.39. I went in wanting barbecue. I'm spoiled to slow smoked barbecue. This brisket didn't taste smoked to me. The fries and green beans we got with the brisket were mediocre too. The free homemade bread that comes with meals is a nice touch. There is a buffet option there too. Dessert comes with the buffet. The desserts looked homemade and fabulous!

• Visited September 2013

Weatherford, Oklahoma
“Just Okay”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Food was okay, so was service. My wife and I shared a plate of beef brisket, it was tender and juicy but the BBQ sauce wasn't that great. The home made bread was bland, just not very good. All in all it was okay but nothing to write home about!

• Visited September 2013
Woodway, TX
“totally amazed”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stopped by this place with my daughter on 4th of July weekend, as we were returning home from an all-girl function. We did not want a huge meal, but we wanted something. Were we in for a surprise! The buffet looked tempting, but we just couldn't justify eating that much late in the day. So she opted for chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and corn. I had the BBQ turkey sandwich and onion rings.
Before we even started, they brought us a delicious loaf of homemade bread. Our eyes practically popped when we saw our food coming. Her "smaller" portion of chicken fried steak was very large and tasty, and the servings of mashed potatoes and corn were huge. If I were looking for something to complain about, I would say that the turkey in the sandwich was a bit salty for me, but the sandwich was huge, and I ended up with a literal tower of onion rings. I thought they were just the "side order" that came with the sandwich. They were superb--absolutely delicious.
All the buffet food looked fresh and good, and I really wish I had had room for a slice of pie. We'll just have to go back again, and next time we'll take my husband! Don't even think about a diet in this place.

• Visited July 2013
Oklahoma City
“World's best Chicken fried steak!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Oh man, love this place! Being from Oklahoma, I love my Chicken Fried steak and this has the best I have ever found! The brisket is pretty close as well! Did I mention the homemade deserts? And the Buffett with all sorts of other good stuff. Wait staff was friendly and dining room had all sorts of old timey advertising on the walls. Gift shop was ok; bathrooms were huge and clean. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“It ain't fancy but it is gloriously well prepared Southern Country”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Oh, man, was that good. Awesome country southern food prepared very, very well. Nothing we didn't like and nothing about this place not to love. Outstanding good ole' fashion Country Cookin'!

It's like Paula Deen's best dream come true.

• Visited June 2013