“What a great stop when traveling!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sam's Original Resturant & BBQ
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fairfield Glade, Tennessee
“What a great stop when traveling!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

We were headed home from being down at the beach for a week and stopped here to get a bite. There is no such thing as a "small bite" at Sam's. They have a wonderful buffet with all the comfort food you can imagine along with a huge salad bar. They must be famous for their meringue pies, HUGE. They also have a nice menu in case you don't want to enjoy the buffett. I had the small portion of catfish that comes with 2 sides. I had beans and fries and the beans are really good. Did I say small portion? SEVEN pieces of catfish fried with cornmeal batter, heavenly. The waitresses are all really friendly and their gift shop should please everyone looking for Texas trinkets!

• Visited December 2012

Houston, Texas
“Great Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was traveling with my mother and she planned our return trip based on stopping for a meal a Sam's. We stopped on the way up to Dallas and again on the way home and she can't wait to go again. I can't say anything was bad, yet can say the chicken fried steak and the coconut pie was awesome.

• Visited November 2012
San Angelo, Texas
“Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Right off I-45. We ate at the buffet and it was very good. Someone had recommended this to us who travels on I-45. It was a very good choice. Staff is very friendly. There is also a really neat gift shop thats fun to look through.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank nkf024
Mesquite, Texas
“Great buffet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed the leisurely drive south from Dallas for a Saturday lunch at Sam's. They offer an enormous buffet with a wonderful variety of food items, including barbecue, fresh salads, sides, and a rack of amazing desserts. Affordably priced, huge dining room that accommodates a large number of customers. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited June 2012
decatur, tx
“Coffee Break?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

On my way home from a diving trip in the Texas Carribean, I needed to take a coffee break. It was a bit early for lunch but what the heck, so I order cup of joe and pumpkin pie slice. Whoaaa, size was huge taste was great and my server was more attentive than I would ever expect. I wish I could have stopped for lunch! I think I would take a trip and go here just for the meal. The gift shop has just about any little item U need to take back as a gift for that someone special or just fur yrself. As I looked at all the happy diners and looked over the multiple food selections as I left I can see why this eatery gets such high marks. I will be back on the next motorcycle trip on purpose this time! ! Hope U find the same quality and service I did.

• Visited July 2012