“Excellent Choice”

Cuisines: Barbecue
San Angelo, Texas
“Excellent Choice”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Right off I-45. We ate at the buffet and it was very good. Someone had recommended this to us who travels on I-45. It was a very good choice. Staff is very friendly. There is also a really neat gift shop thats fun to look through.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank nkf024

Mesquite, Texas
“Great buffet!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed the leisurely drive south from Dallas for a Saturday lunch at Sam's. They offer an enormous buffet with a wonderful variety of food items, including barbecue, fresh salads, sides, and a rack of amazing desserts. Affordably priced, huge dining room that accommodates a large number of customers. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited June 2012
decatur, tx
“Coffee Break?”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

On my way home from a diving trip in the Texas Carribean, I needed to take a coffee break. It was a bit early for lunch but what the heck, so I order cup of joe and pumpkin pie slice. Whoaaa, size was huge taste was great and my server was more attentive than I would ever expect. I wish I could have stopped for lunch! I think I would take a trip and go here just for the meal. The gift shop has just about any little item U need to take back as a gift for that someone special or just fur yrself. As I looked at all the happy diners and looked over the multiple food selections as I left I can see why this eatery gets such high marks. I will be back on the next motorcycle trip on purpose this time! ! Hope U find the same quality and service I did.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank jojogo2
Fairfield, Texas
“The MOST POPULAR Restaurant between Dallas and Houston”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The Daniel family has been in the food service business for over 75 years, and they know how to do it. Eat from the fabulous buffet or order from the menu and you will be satisfied. Menu items are large portions, so you might want a half-order if not a big eater. Their HOMEMADE pies, using the famous recipe of Doris Daniel, the wife of founder Sam, are the talk of the entire state. Folks drive from Dallas and Houston to eat here.

Visited May 2012
4 Thank txpillman
Wichita KS
“Good Texas Cooking and Hospitality”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

While traveling through Texas, we were looking for a place to eat off of the Interstate. We saw the billboards for Sam's and thought we'd give it a try. The folks were friendly and service was fast. Two of us ordered the Salad Bar and the other two ordered sandwiches. At $6.99 all you can eat the Salad Bar was a great value. What a pleasant surprise that every salad was homemade! Among the numerous offerings were: Two kinds of potato salad, pasta salads, homemade croutons, all fresh ingredients, fruits and vegetables. The sandwiches, one chicken and one club were large, loaded with ingredients and served on a platter that was overflowing with fries. Worth twice the menu price! I was told they were delicious! We won't miss this place ever again when we are traveling through Texas!

• Visited May 2012