“Relocated and better!”
Review of Flicks - CLOSED

Flicks
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had been looking forward to eating here when entering ClintTX at the beginning of My 1300mile/2100kilometer Trans-Texas Bicycle Odyssey, 11JUN-08JUL2011 [fully documented in my 4th book, "Dry'd, Fry'd, and Sky'd by Headwinds and Heat"] but it was no longer there. Only during my Irene's Pedal 17-20NOV2012 (so named for a dear colleague who passed from breast cancer), which took me from El Paso to Cornudas to Sierra Blanca to Ft. Hancock through Fabens to San Elizario, did I learn that Flicks had relocated to this growing community. I resolve that the next time I came through Fabens, I was going to have to eat here. Inside, it was extremely clean and very modern with TWO flatscreens mounted on opposing walls, as well as marvelous waitstaff. I was intrigued with the monitors; the larger was tuned into current sports, the smaller gave information about the Fabens Independent School District. Unfortunately, I didn't try any of the wonderful pizzas or other entrees due to having just eaten. However, I hadn't had desert and, so Blue Bell Ice Cream was the next logical step. Tell you what, the two-scoops were huge, and had it been an iceberg, it would have sunk me! Fortunately, I was able to manage licking it down before much landed on my UBS shirt. This is an extremely friendly, family-oriented eatery. Not only can you eat, but there are numerous video machines/similar entertainment (when I was young, pinball with real flippers was the only choice--at 5 cents/5balls/1 game, unless you earned more), and a very kid-appealing atmosphere. I enjoyed being here, and you will, too!