“The REAL deal for NY Style Pizza in Dallas”
Review of Joe's Pizza & Pasta - CLOSED

Joe's Pizza & Pasta
Cuisines: Pizza
“The REAL deal for NY Style Pizza in Dallas”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This place feels like it was lifted out of mid-town NYC or the Bronx The pizza is fantastic and it is sold by the slice, or you can get whole pie,. The toppings are authentic and standard, so if you are looking for precious artisan pizza this is not the place.

The pasta dishes are huge and the slices are generous. There is soda in the case and fountain style drinks but the best deal is BYOB. You can stop by the Kroger's in the same strip mall and get beer or wine and sit down.

The staff are the real deal New Yorkers. They are friendly to chat with while you wait. The dining room is clean - not fancy but has a TV tuned to sports. It is a comfortable place where you can get real food for a great price.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Margdris

Dallas, Texas
“The Real Thing”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I’m from the Northeast, and one of the first things I do when I move to a new place is try to find pizza like I could get back home. When I moved here, I tried a lot of places that didn’t quite fit the bill. When I finally found Joe’s, I knew I could stop looking.

The pizza here has a thin crust, but isn’t so crispy that it’s like eating a cracker. The sauce has a good dose of garlic and isn’t overly sweet. They use the good mozzarella that stretches out into a string when you pull it off the pan. It gets a little messy, but it’s good. If you order a pizza with toppings, they put plenty on, but I usually just get a cheese pizza here because a pizza this good doesn’t need a lot of dressing up. The price is right, too. You can buy a whole pizza or get it by the slice.

I’ve liked almost everything else I’ve tried here, too. Portions are large, prices are low, and the seasoning is excellent. The one thing I haven’t liked are the subs, but only because of a minor point. I prefer shredded lettuce in my subs. It’s no big deal, though, just a matter of personal preference.

They serve Pepsi products from the fountain, but you can get other drinks in cans. This is one of the few places around here that I can get ginger ale with my meal, which is something else that I’ve missed.

It’s not just that food that I love here; it’s the atmosphere. The walls are covered with New York memorabilia, and there is a giant mural of New York (with the Twin Towers intact) in one part of the restaurant. Neon accents line the walls near the ceiling. There are black and white tiles on the floor and red cloths on the tables. One of the little things that gave me an incredible sense of nostalgia when I first came here (and still does) is that they have paper placements with maps of Italy underneath the glass on the tables. I remember when all the pizza places and casual Italian restaurants had these when I was a kid. There is a large screen tv in one corner that is always tuned to a sports channel.

Order and pay at the counter, and they’ll bring your food to your table when it’s ready. The guys here are great. I love the attitude and the accents; they’re friendly, but a little rough around the edges. Everything about the place makes it feel like a piece of the Northeast that’s been picked up and transported here whole. When I’m here, it's like I’m home.

• Visited November 2013
Euless, Texas
“Pizza thats good and greasy :)”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Best NY style pizza in the area!! Definitely not fine dinning but most of the time the men there are nice... Its seems pretty clean..however once I had a hair in my pizza slice :-!
I've been back since because I like the pizza that much!! I do inspect it closely though :)

• Visited October 2013
DFW (HEB), TX
“A slice of home”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have been coming here for a very long time. Being Italian and from New Jersey, I judge Italian food maybe a little harsh sometimes. Everything here is authentic, very good, and like it was back in NY/NJ. Not surprising considering they are from there as well. Every time I go here, it's like I'm going back to NY, complete with dialog and accents. They also have BYOB if you're interested. Go Yankees !!!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Thullraven
Euless, Texas
“Spinach Pinwheels From Heaven”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The food is fresh and the N.Y. flair is entertaining. I have never had a bad dish at this restaurant. I frequent the stromboli, pizza, garlic knots and spinach pinwheels. Yes, the spinach pinwheels are flavorful and addicting.

Visited November 2012