“Worst of the Worst”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Euless
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Worst of the Worst”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My flight was recently cancelled in Dallas while escorting clients to an international destination. American Airlines put our group of five up at the Days Inn DFW Airport South in Euless on Monday, June 17. From start to finish, this was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

The shuttle from the airport was dirty and in total disrepair. The padding in the seats was nearly gone, so all you could feel were the springs as you hit every pothole and bump at DFW. Considering that there are many due to the renovation being done at the airport, this was NOT a pleasant experience. We made several stops at the airport, until all passengers were completely packed like sardines. The driver told the final passenger that he could sit on the floor if he wanted to, but the gentleman refused and opted to wait.

Upon arrival at the hotel at midnight, there were several Texas-sized roaches littering the steps into the hotel. Ignoring this disgusting introduction, we focused on our hunger and immediately asked the front desk about 24 hour food options in the area. The Indian kid jockeying the counter said that he didn't know if there were any. When we asked about anything in the area, he said that he thought there was a Jack in the Box on the other side of the highway, but wasn't sure. One person in our party put $1 in the soda machine, but the item she selected was sold out and the machine kept her money. The snack machine was empty, except for Doritos and Snickers.

Check in was quick, as we were all using vouchers from the airline. We asked if the rooms had bottled water and were told no. However, we were able to purchase warm bottles of water for $0.50 per bottle. Both coffee and juice machines were broken. When we asked about ice, we were told the ice machines were also broken on both floors. While my clients were checking in, I also noticed that the elevators were broken and exercise facilities were closed. I asked the attendant about these “deferred maintenance” issues and he apathetically told me that the hotel was under new management. It was unclear whether the old or new management had decided that basic amenities were not necessary or important to their customers.

The disappointments mounted as we climbed the staircase and made our way to our rooms. Carpeting in the stairwell and hallways was dirty, frayed and had an unpleasant odor which we couldn’t quite identify. All of the rooms were like saunas upon entry, smelled terrible, were outdated and in various stages of disrepair. One room still had used towels on the floor from the previous occupant and two of the five had dead roaches on the bathroom floor. Sleep was very difficult for one client, as the air conditioner rattled all night.

Exhausted and hungry, we found it difficult to hold back our excitement and joy as we left the Days Inn DFW Airport South at 5:30am for our trip back to the airport. We opted to pay for a cab rather than take the shuttle again. I will never understand how a reputable chain like Days Inn could allow their name to be associated with this operation.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be best!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were stranded by American Airlines, and they booked rooms for me and my colleagues. It was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

We were told it was under new management. The hotel lobby was awful. There is no working elevator, it was padlocked, the rooms themselves were atrocious. My room had 2 chairs with ripped upholstery, the sheets and blanket were torn and had numerous holes. There was a cockroach in my bathroom, a used and dirty towel left from someone's stay shoved behind the door.

The entire hotel was dirty and extremely worn our. The "breakfast".. HA! a broken juice machine, and no coffee cups. American Airlines should do some quality checks before they put their Platinum/preferred fliers here.

Room Tip: Tip: Do not choose a room here, go somewhere else.. Anywhere is better than this.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Leslie G
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were put up by the airline here so no choice. Nasty hotel. Elevator out of order. Furniture worn, carpets torn and bedspread dirty. Nobody told us there was breakfast. When we found out, no way I'd eat there. The juice machine was also broken and they had a refrigerator with an almost empty bottle of sunny delight. I would not touch the limited food they did have. It appears as if whoever runs the hotel is letting it go. The only reason we don't rate it worse is that the sheets appeared to be clean and we did not see any insects.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Before making a reservation with Days Inn, beware, if for any reason you need to cancel, they won't allow it, so they have a free paid room, way to go in making money that way, absolute FRAUD! It's shameful that they take advantage of you that way, even after exposing the reasons of not being able to travel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
south jersey
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had to spend one quick night in Dallas. NOT EVEN WORTH THAT! The shuttle van was 30 minutes late to pick me up from the airport. When it arrived the seats ripped up, no seatbelts, and the door sounded like it was going to fall off. The hotel was dirty dirty dirty. The ice machine wasn't working. The gym was closed. I had no iron in my room so I got one from the front desk. It didn't have the knob to change settings. I got another one. It didn't work. Finally got one that did. The lamp in my room was halfway hanging off of the wall.
At 730pm the boy at the front desk told me the only places to eat were across the highway and the shuttle stopped running. And all the restaurants closed at 8pm..on a Tuesday night..uhh..? I said so there is nowhere to eat? No where to get food? He said no. Again..uhhh..? I went to my room and realized I could order dominos right to my room. Why didn't the front desk boy suggest that?! He was SO rude.
Hotels shoul make you feel relaxed, welcomed, and comfortable. I felt the exact opposite.
STAY AWAY!

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Euless
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Euless
Quality Inn DFW-Airport
Quality Inn DFW-Airport
#63 of 77 in Irving
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, DFW Airport South

Been to Days Inn & Suites Ft. Worth DFW Airport South? Share your experiences!