“Booked Thru Travelocity”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Euless
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Booked Thru Travelocity”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I booked this hotel through Travelocity and trusted the reviews which said this was a clean and safe location. The hotel check-in was not computerized, but was instead the manual carbon copy forms and a copy of my drivers license was taken (which is not normal). The hotel said I was not allowed to use the elevator because the inspection had expired. Upon entering the suite, i was shocked at how dirty the carpet was, the bed had no dust ruffle and the bedspread was stained. The furniture was literally scratched and mismatched as though bought at a flea market over the years. No doors existed on the closet and the hangers were a mix of metal and paper (as though it was someone's apartment closet). The door had no safety bolt or lock, just an old-fashioned chain lock that was loose. The hallway to the room was very dimly lit and one of the doors appeared to have been kicked open at some point and had what looked like fingerprint dust all over it. I was followed closely down the hall by a very disreputable looking man, who entered the room directly across the hall from mine. I honestly felt unsafe as a woman traveling alone with no proper lock on the door. I picked up my suitcase, told the desk clerk the problems, he offered another room, but said that it had not been updated either. I asked for the carbon form back and made notations of my complaints and said I would not be staying. I asked for the copy of my drivers license, but he would not return it. I found another hotel less than 1/2 mile away that was a new Holiday Inn and then spent the next 30 minutes on the phone with Travelocity. The lady behind the desk at the new hotel said they get customers all the time in exact same situation who have left this Days Inn DFW South hotel. This hotel is not clean, not safe, and I would not even give it a 1 on the scale of 1 to 10.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank sammla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
TYLER
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were not happy about our stay. We reserved 2 queen bed room online and were told there was not any queen beds in the hotel upon arrival. We were on the 2nd floor and the elevator was broken. And the juice machine and ice machine were also broken. And last the chain our our door also was broken. Oh yes, the breakfast sign outside said a hot breakfast would be available but nothing hot was hot was available.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

UNIVERSAL CITY
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was a very poor hotel experience overall - especially compared to alternate options in the nearby area. The lamp in my room was coming apart on the inside - major fire hazard. I was afraid to put any of my personal belongings on the bed or floor - very unclean. The shuttle driver overslept and arrived 20-minutes later than was scheduled - despite constant communication with the Front Desk who continued to assure me that he'd be there any minute. Overall, dirty and unprofessional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

San Diego, California
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Not only is the entire premisis FILTHY (rooms included) the staff is disorganized and unhelpful. I was visiting the Ft Worth area for work and arrived for a 5 day stay to a second floor room (elevator was out of service) with no coffee maker (as was advertised when I booked the room. When I called the front desk to inquire, I was told that one would be sent right up. 4 hours later, when I contacted the front desk again, a different employee told me that they don't have coffee makers! In addition, there was construction being done throughout the motel (this is NOT a "hotel"), including loud banging in the room next to mine until late in the evening. The hallways were scattered with rolled up carpets, construction equipment, and debris throughout my stay. The front desk staff spoke relatively no English, the a/c had essentially 2 settings, "Freezing" or "Off" so most nights were spent alternating between being ice cold and warm/muggy. This is a disaster of a location and Days Inn should be ashamed to have this crumbling structure bear it's name. Avoid at all costs!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed August 20, 2012

After having to drag my luggage up 2 flights of stairs (no help was offered) in my rush to go straight to the restroom I failed to notice the broken toilet seat which promptly pinched onto and took a chunk of skin out of my rear, had to keep moving the 1 working light bulb around between lamps, carpet tacks where tile met carpet punctured my feet 3 different times, dingy dirty looking linens (I actually looked for bed bugs on my mattress to be safe) no security, after the delivery boy walked away from dropping my food off a very unsavory gentleman jumped in my doorway and attempted to block my door, insisting he come in and get to know me - I had to threaten to break his hand in order to shut my door -slammed it shut as fast as I could when he jumped back....then to top off a sleepless night, the in room coffee maker was broke.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Euless
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Euless
Quality Inn DFW-Airport
Quality Inn DFW-Airport
#63 of 77 in Irving
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, DFW Airport South

Been to Days Inn & Suites Ft. Worth DFW Airport South? Share your experiences!