“Fun trip down memory lane”

Galaxy Drive-in Movie Theatre
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Ennis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Ennis, Texas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Fun trip down memory lane”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

It's great fun to go to the Galaxy Drive-in. There are plenty of screens and the price is a bargain at $6, which gets you two shows. I like to go on weeknights as weekends are crowded. Especially fun is taking your own folding lawn chairs and sitting in front of your car, under the stars. I turn my SUV around, open the back, place the chairs at the back, and adjust the speakers to the back of the car. It works great! The movie audio is played on FM radio as well as on the old movie speakers that can hang on the car window.

Don't try and take your own food as the owner doesn't allow it. Instead show your support by buying concessions. They are inexpensive compared to indoor theatres. The popcorn and drinks are fine. The hamburgers are small. I think the owner should offer more dinner fare at a higher price as I think people would be receptive.

This is a good place to take a date for a unique experience.

Visited May 2013

Arlington TX
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nostalgic and awesome!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

It was not my first time at a drive in theater, but it was for my husband and my 2 year old. In fact, this is a great place to take a toddler when you have no idea how he will act in the indoor movie theater! Now we know we will probably have to wait a couple years before that little ball of energy can go anywhere BUT a drive in movie!! It was jam packed, as Galaxy sold out the night we went on every screen, but we had a great time even parked in the very back (which happened to be right next to the concession stand and bathrooms!) This was our first visit to Galaxy, but it won't be our last. I was glad to be there on a night they did so well! I loved it, it was just like the drive in I went to when I was a little girl. We'll be back again and again!

Visited May 2013
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Movie time!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Love the drive in! We have been several times since our kids were younger and now they are teens, and we still love to do it as a family night. We love the fact they have added more stuff, and we love the food here too. Bathroom lines and food lines can get long on a major weekends during intermission, however the last few times we have went they seem to be moving the lines faster and faster.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank 1234travel1234
DeSoto, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Galaxy”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Did a sisters night out and decided to go back in time and do the drive in thing. :) It was an okay place, snack bar prices were reasonable, but we didn't have a good selection of movies to choose from when we attended that night..

Visited August 2012
Attard, Malta
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful experience!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First of all I have to mention that I am from a Europe and the concept of a drive in is not so popular since areas and place are built on a much smaller scale. Leaving history to the side, last year my boyfriend and myself went on a road trip across the USA and one of our last destinations was Texas. One of my jobs was to build our itinerary for the days and as soon as I got to know that there was a drive-in an hour away from our hotel I convinced my boyfriend that it was the awesomest thing ever. And boy it truly was - if I lived nearby I would go ever other weekend, if not for the movie just for the experience. Everyone should go at least once to the drive-in!

Visited June 2012