“Worth an out-of-the-way drive”
Review of Wildflower Cafe

Wildflower Cafe
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Ennis
Cuisines: American
Description: A charming, locally owned, cafe centrally located in Ennis' downtown historic district. The building is shared with retail shop Interior Ideas (same owner, 25 years), and art gallery. Atmosphere is cozy and inviting, a regional destination.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The Bluebonnet Trail was the intended destination, but the Wildflower Cafe is worth the drive from DFW as its own destination. The spinach salad with grapes, apples and walnuts was delicious, lightly dressed with a warmed, not greasy, bacon dressing. (The bacon is marvelous and they do have a BLT on the menu!) Their signature chicken salad paired with whole cranberry dressing was equally good. Finished off with a fruit salad dressed with a poppyseed dressing more than completes the meal. (There is also a pasta salad offered to complete the "trio" if one of the above is not your choice.) If "heartier" is in order, the sandwiches will fit the bill on quality, quantity and flavor. And the peach tea = "YES".

1  Thank KarinLB
WildflowerCafeMgmt, Manager at Wildflower Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

We are so please that you enjoyed your trip to the Wildflower as well as our Bluebonnet City! We look forward to your return trip!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a nice "tea room." The food is usually very good, but a limited menu and service can be quite slow. I do really like the food though and I recommend this place as long as you have a little extra time to spend eating lunch. I believe they serve lunch only.

WildflowerCafeMgmt, Manager at Wildflower Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

We are so happy you are please with our little cafe! Its always good to know where we can improve. When you return, we hope to be a little quicker for you! Thank you again for your patronage!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Wildflower Cafe is just what you would want from a small town café. It is a cute gift shop and café combined. You walk through the gift shop to get to the café which has a more seating than you would expect. The gift shop had a variety of items and was tastefully decorated for Christmas when we were there. Make a trip to the loo while you are there as you basically have to go through the kitchen so you can check out the home made pies that are just out of the oven. I can imagine that when the Bluebonnets are in bloom it is the place to have lunch. I don't usually do chicken salad - but do give it a try as it was yummy.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband & I were going from Dallas to College Station & decided to meander our way through Ennis in hopes of finding something other than a chain/fast food restaurant. & I'm so glad we did. I even told my husband I would be willing to drive there just for lunch some Saturday. I had a club which is normally served on a bread type I don't like, so I had them change the bread to Texas Toast without any problems. The waitress was more than happy to accommodate my request. My husband got a sandwich that was served on Jalapeno cornbread, that he kept raving about. You can tell everything is fresh, the veggies were all crisp & the fruit was naturally sweet & everything was incredibly tasteful!! I seriously can't wait to get back up there for lunch. & While we were waiting for lunch, we browsed in the attached shop which was loaded with unusual items for the kitchen including ceramic & exotic wooden bowls, cutting boards, vintage/antique items, art & many other items.

WildflowerCafeMgmt, Cafe Manager at Wildflower Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your gracious review and we are very happy that you were pleased with your experience with us. We hope that you do return to see us soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great little cafe attached to a shop filled with wonderful items for the home. The food is yummy (we stopped for lunch - delicious chicken salad on croissant, homemade celery basil soup & ham/swiss on texas toast) and the shop is full of a great selection of unique items for the home. I bought a bluebonnet painting & got to meet the local artist who has her studio at the back of the shop. Great place!

Been to Wildflower Cafe? Share your experiences!