“Ok, but a few things to note”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ennis
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Ennis
McKinney, Texas
“Ok, but a few things to note”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The hotel isn't bad, but there are some things to remember. First, there is a pet fee of $35. Then, if you're a light sleeper you may want to bring ear plugs. From the room I was in, the road noise was pretty bad. I asked the front desk if they had ear plugs but they had none. Also, the pancake maker that was listed as broken in the December 2013 review is still broken. And, the king bed in my room was a little hard.

Other than that, nice staff, good breakfast, and clean rooms.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the highway as possible if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We needed a room due to icy road conditions and pulled in to this location. The staff was extremely friendly and booked us a room right away. Great beds, clean rooms, and great complimentary Breakfast! Staff was very helpful!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Denton, Texas
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The purpose of my stay was for Valentine's day. We and my boyfriend planned to come in from Carrollton, catch a movie then stay the night in a Jacuzzi room to relax.

I called the hotel 2 weeks prior to our stay and asked if they offered any romance packages (champagne,rose petals) and they said they did not. As I was hanging up, she reverted her statement and said that in the past years they had done such and she would talk to her manager and call me back. She asked if it was okay to give me a call back at my number which she repeated, then NOTHING. I never did receive a call back. Shame shame, that would have been an easy $50 I was willing to spend.

Upon check-in on 2/14 at 3PM I encountered a young lady with the personality of a rock. She had no smile and was not friendly. I understand this is not a luxury hotel, but she sincerely looked like she hated her job. One thing that bothered me was she asked why I was staying with them? I get that they may do research for marketing purposes and want to know what brings me to them but the way she asked was very nosey and disconcerning. The gentlemen behind me was also very confused as to why they need to know this. If you really did care that I was here to celebrate valentines day you would have set up my romance package for my room, right??? This question is extremely out of line, if you are asking why we are visiting at least make conversation and appear to seem interested in our stay. It's called HOSPTITALITY!!!

<end rant>

Cleanliness - trash in hallways and in elevators.. tootsie roll wrappers, empty soda cans under my bed.

Cons -
-Customer service
-Jacuzzi tub in our room had red streaks in it that appeared to be finger nail polish
- you could hear every move of the people next to us and above us..no noise barriers
- toilet didn't flush the next morning

Pros
+Bed
+Blackout curtains
+ Dish TV - tons of channels, even the nudey ones

With this being said, breakfast was missed. I'm sure it was good as all Holiday Inn Expresses typically are.

Room Tip: Must do Jacuzzi room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ennis, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from Holiday Inn Express Ennis Texas.

Your continued satisfaction and trust in Holiday Inn Express are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us again soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I believe the woman at the front desk's name was Nylex? She was super! Check in was friendly and quick, my room as bigger than I thought and they were happy to help me with anything! For the money, I was pleassantly surprised!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have team members that enjoy being of service to our guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Ennis area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this location one night after visiting family in the area. We were very pleased with everything about the hotel. The place was spotlessly clean. The rooms were very nice and well lit, which is one of my pet peeves. The breakfast was pretty decent for a free hotel breakfast although the pancake maker was broken.
We've stayed in several other hotels in Ennis and this is by far my favorite. We will be back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel. I was woken up at 12:50 a.m. to the person in the next room's TV being extremely loud. I called down to the front desk and she said she would go see if she could hear outside their door. She then called me back and claimed she could not hear anything. I invited her to come in our room to listen to how loud it was, since she claimed she couldn't hear anything. She then went and told them to turn their tv down (which they BARELY did). She never offered for us to move rooms or to move to another floor. I explained to her that we had been on the road that night and stopped to rest (we didn't get there until 10 pm). I was exhausted and couldn't believe how paper thin the walls were. I fell back asleep somehow, then at 4 am was woken again to that person in the next room snoring. Yes, snoring. This may seem petty, but when all you want is a good night's sleep, the last thing you want is to be able to hear that in the next room. I was appalled that the walls were THAT thin that I could hear that. Needless to say I will never stay at that Holiday Inn Express again and will not recommend it, as you will be able to hear everything the person next to you does. And if you do, apparently the front desk will not try to accommodate you. I have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express hotels before and have never experienced hearing the person next to us snoring. Front desk was not helpful. Cleanliness and location were excellent.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank aggie122
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ennis, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear aggie122,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It nice to know that you liked our location and noticed the cleanliness of the property. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered over the noise from other guests. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed October 8, 2013

the phone in my room did not work and no internet. The entire night and the morning the internet worked for about 20 seconds at a time. How can you get work done? The hotels idea was for me to work from the lobby. Really, after a 14 hour day I am supposed to work from the lobby! By the way, the internet does not work from the lobby either. And they still charged me full price for the room, unbelievable!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ennis, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Mark S,

Thank you for your recent stay and leaving feedback. I am sincerely sorry that this visit was a disappointment due to the Internet connection being sub par. Please be assured your comments will be discussed accordingly with management to consider for upgrades needed.

We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Comfort Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Waxahachie
Comfort Suites Waxahachie
Comfort Suites Waxahachie
#4 of 11 in Waxahachie

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ennis? Share your experiences!