“Our Stay While We Were Missed Placed From Our Home”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ennis
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Ennis
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were missed placed from our home due to a water leak which flooded our home. The staff here is very helpful and polite. If there is something that you are not liking or problems with other guest they are quick to check out the problem and handle it for you. They were very quick in helping us move from a regular room to a suite. The Comp Breakfast is very good and they do a great job in trying to keep things full so people don't have to wait on it. We love the awesome Cinnamon Roll's they are a must have for sure... They also made my animals (dog's) feel at home and made them feel welcome... loved the staff. very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Bob P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ennis, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Bob Patel

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ennis

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Myself and three friends stayed here overnight on our way to Dallas. As a "Priority Club" member, I booked two rooms for us, one using my club points, and one booked with a AAA rate. I was honored as a Priority Club member at check-in, and all charges on my rooms were billed correctly. The front desk agent was very competent and upbeat. One of my friends enjoyed a late night dip in the pool, and we all enjoyed the after hour use of the "great room" where we enjoyed the HIE breakfast the next morning. I only received one complaint from two of my traveling companions: They stated that the beds were a little harder than they preferred. Morning checkout was a breeze. Some of my guests left some food in their room refrigerator, and when we called the hotel, they held it for us and we picked it up on our return trip. This hotel is easily accessed from I-45. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and helpful. A nice location right next to I45 with plenty of stores around. Very clean rooms and a nice indoor pool and fitness center. The free breakfast is great. They have lots to choose from. There's even healthy food.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our staff.

Bob Patel

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Very comfortable stay here for a business night. The usual breakfast that I like at all Holiday Inn express hotels. If I needed a room in the area I would definately stay here again. Standard ammenitites with free wifi and free breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The stay started out well. Property has good location. Room was clean. I didn't receive what I expected, which was a little annoying (asked for 2 room with 2 queens, received a one room, handicapped). I'm not sure how you can have a handicapped suite on the 3rd floor, with all standard size countertops and no way to get to the first floor if the elevators are out, but anyway. Everything was good until the electricity went out. I understand it is not the Holiday Inn's fault, but they need to be better able to deal with the situation. The generator lighting was poor at best and I believe all the hot water heaters must have been electric, as the water was pretty cold. As I think about it, this must have happened the night before also as the clock was flashing and the temp in the room was set at 66, when we arrived, which I thought was unusual. Before the lights went out there was an explosion on the roof and we saw shingles on the ground in the morning. Our theory is the transformer blew as there was electricity on in the surrounding businesses. The staff wasn't very accomodating or nice about the situation in the morning. Kept telling me how the situation wasn't their fault. Not very customer focused. Not sure I would stay here again.

Room Tip: pick one on the first floor!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ennis, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Renee H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is nice to know that you liked our location. However, please accept my sincerest apology that you were dissatisfied with the condition of the room that you were given and our staff did not deliver based on your expectations. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We will use your comments to improve our efforts.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Relatively new facility, very clean & well maintained. Staff was very friendly & helpful, processed my reservation/check in very quickly.
Breakfast was typical fare and dining area very clean.
Bed was firm and very comfortable.
Only issue I had was very strong prevailing wind from the north for one night made my room sound like I was in a 200 year old house, whistling in around AC unit. Next night the wind died down and room was very nice

Room Tip: South side room would probably be best I was in northeast corner and north wind really whistled thro...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Very nice stay in Ennis, Texas. Late night check in. Staff was very friendly, even late at night. Bedding package was comfortable and room was nicely furnished. Granite in bathroom and very clean. Nicely furnished lobby. Breakfast was normal Holiday Inn, but the server was taking care of area and had plenty of food available.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Comfort Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Ennis
Holiday Inn Express Corsicana
Hampton Inn & Suites Corsicana
Best Western Plus Waxahachie Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ennis? Share your experiences!