“Fair to Great Stay!”

Best Western Plus Emory at Lake Fork Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Emory
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was a brand new Best Western and the rooms were better than any Best Western I have ever visited. The only bad thing was that the walls were paper thin. I mean I have never stayed in a room where it felt like you were part of the conversation in the next room. Unfortunately, there was a wedding group staying there and the girls in the next room were very excited. We had to call about 12:30 a.m. to have someone come and settle them down. The staff were very good about it. The room was not cleaned altghough they did make the bed. Bathroom was not touched. Maids were a bit young so this could have been the problem. Other than these problems I felt the room was very nice. Lots of room to move around.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the end of the building. At least you will only hear the conversation in on ro...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Booked two "adjoining" rooms for a group of six women for a Canton First Monday weekend. Upon arrival at 3:30, one of the rooms was not ready and when we went to the other room we found that the rooms were side-by-side but not adjoining. These were minor inconveniences and the facility itself was very nice. Clean, comfortable rooms. The problem occurred when we found that the management had allowed a rock concert to continue in the banquet room once their outdoor venue was rained out. I appreciate music as much as the next and certainly commend their charitable effort ( Concert was benefiting Locks of Love ) but after a day of shopping at the Canton flea market, in the rain, the noise was just unacceptable. Staff was unconcerned and since the facility was completely book there were no other room options. Our rooms were directly over the banquet room - again, a banquet room - not a concert venue. There was no noise suppression buffers and our floors were literally vibrating! After being told by the staff that there was nothing they could do about the noise and frankly, they rented the room because they needed the $$, we called local law enforcement to see if anything could be done. The "concert" was eventually shut down around 11:30. Best Western Corp. was not willing to refund our money or comp us for future stays. Instead they offered extra "reward points" ( $ 25.00 value ) for our inconvenience. Again, this is a beautiful property and I'm sure this was just a bad judgement call by the managements. I would stay here anytime - as long as they weren't hosting an impromptu rock concert.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've never stayed at a Best Western Plus, usually choosing Best Western to save money when I travel alone. My only other option in this town, I'd tried before & was not doing that again. I had booked this room to go to a music festival in near by Point,Tx that got rained out. But I'd already paid for the room & couldn't cancel. So I thought we'd drive down anyway, watch free HBO, have breakfast & come home. I've got to say, this was a pleasant surprise. Not only was it a nice hotel, when we got there, we found out that they had given use of their conference room to the remaining acts from the festival so the could perform. This was as nice as almost any hotel I've ever stayed in. The room as comfortable as some of the all inclusive resorts I've stayed in. When my wife compliments a hotel, you've done something right. She ALWAYS finds something to complain about & she was totally pleased. She didn't feel well & didn't even want to go,but didn't want to stay home alone now she's ready to go back anytime.

All 3 of the young ladies working the desk went above & beyond to be professional, though they had a rough time with a several customers. I do understand these customers frustrations, as I'm sure the had no idea there would be live music in the meeting room, but applaud Best Western for stepping up & giving a helping hand to the Blazing Man Music Festival that got rained out. The men that put these festivals together, do it to benefit "Locks of Love" & the local food bank. They work tirelessly to put these together & I know 100 % of the proceeds go to the charity. I also know they've put a great deal of their own money into this & the bands that participate also donate their time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel is a gem! It greets you heading into the growing city of Emory, Texas, on State highway 69. Close to the popular Lake Fork, this hotel is great for the fishing angler. The rooms are quiet and well clean. The service is great. The girls behind the check-in table always greet you with smile. Parking behind the hotel is setup just for vehicle boat combos. When I'm in the area, this hotel is where I rest and relax. Try it next time you need a place to stay in and around Lake Fork. Tell'em Larry sent ya!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This place is fairly new. I have stayed here several times beginning in Feb. of 2012. It seems as time passes things aren't as good as a former visit. The last time I stayed, in Sept. 2012, the pool was in desperate need of being vacuumed. The 'hot' breakfast wasn't. Had to heat eggs and sausage in the microwave. The Pier 515 is an awesome room. They are waiting on license to serve and consume alcohol beverages. The entire hotel is geared to fishing and hunting as it is very close to Lake Fork. They have hook ups in parking lot for charging boat batteries. A big plus for the bass hunters. Management and all employees have been super to deal with. There are just some odds and ends that keep me from giving a four or five star review.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We chose this hotel over the more accessible Greenville location for the outdoor pool and being brand new. Coming from the cool Pacific Northwest we had planned on lounging at the pool. The pool was not open due to some kind of chemical reaction which management attempted to correct. Our stay was for 4 days, on the day of check out the pool was opened to the guest. (still a bit green). We reserved a king suite with a pullout hide-a-bed. The pullout was not comfortable for being new and not overly used. The bar was still a work in progress. The breakfast was standadrd hotel "hot breakfast" but we did not have or see a waffle maker. There was no public ice machine at the time. The staff was very generous in allowing us to get ice from the kitchen ice machine, we were on the first floor. The perimeter doors are one way out, not outside accessible via key. The cricket invasion still existed. It didn't bother us but there were crickets! Everyone we came into contact with including maintenance were beyond helpful and friendly. The hotel was nice and the staff gave excellent service. There was a billing error on checkout but correct immediately. The back parking lot has many RV/Boat charging outlets due to the proximity of the lake. I do not know the fees but in our travels this hotel is the first we've seen with this service in abundance. We really wanted the outdoor pool and disappointed it was not available. (I gave a poor location due to the hotel being in the opposite direction we needed to travel. I chose this hotel for the pool knowing there would be addtl. miles to travel but it wasn't open. Depending on your travels, this location may be good for you).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I really wanted to give this place a 4- or 5-star review. It's a very new (opened January 2012) property, all the staff I had interactions with were both friendly and extremely helpful, and it seems a very well-designed facility. The AAA room rate was great - $89 weeknight - and the air conditioning on this 105 degree Texas day was quiet and effective.

But my room made me sick. At first, I noticed the "new hotel smell" as they clearly have been completing some work. Nothing too bad, but noticeable in the halls. In the room, the smell was stronger. The windows are all sealed and don't open, so the rooms don't ventilate much. As I sat down to watch some TV, a headache started, which progressed to nausea, and after about 2 hours it was so extreme I had to bail out, and it was bad enough I thought about going to a hospital. After about an hour, I felt somewhat better.

To give the front desk credit, they instantly moved me to another room, and it was on the third floor rather than the first. There was no smell noticeable there, and as the evening wore on I continued to feel better. Something in that first floor room made me violently ill. Perhaps paint, but I've never had that reaction to paint. Another possibility is that they had sprayed insecticide to deal with the cricket invasion (there were still several live crickets in my first floor room). Who knows? But it was truly bad, and I have to knock stars off this review for making me that sick.

In other regards, I LOVED this hotel. Clean facility, the (free) breakfast was simple but tasty (sausage, scrambled eggs, toast, muffins, coffee, juices, cereal and yogurt - all out at 5:00 AM). I wanted to try a waffle, but though the waffle iron was out, there was no batter. The in-room coffee service was good, and my room had a microwave and a 'frig. Their "snack area" seemed pretty well-stocked with drinks, toiletries and such and they offer freebies if you forget toothpaste etc. Their business center had two computers, though only one printed, and one seemed infested with spyware/toolbars, so I wouldn't trust them too far. And FREE WiFi THROUGHOUT the property - nice in a room at this price point.

I have to return in about 6 weeks, and will give them another shot, as the property is in excellent condition, and the staff was great, so I think they'll earn the "benefit of the doubt" from me. I'll update my review after my next visit.

Room Tip: NOTE: my room rating is only "Poor" due to my getting sick from some mysterious odor in th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emory
Best Western Canton Inn
Lake Fork Marina & Motel
Bent Tree Motel
Bent Tree Motel
#1 of 1 in Emory

Been to Best Western Plus Emory at Lake Fork Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!