“Great food and service”

Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: Mexican
“Great food and service”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

All of the waitresses are very nice! We received excellent service from Laura our drinks were always filled and she made sure our table was well taken cared of. Their food is always tasty and fresh, I especially love their tortilla soup! I highly recommend this place to anyone who loves good Mexican food!

Jalisco Mexican R, General Manager at Jalisco Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing Jalisco Mexican Restaurant in Elgin.
and Thank you for your great review....
Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read other people’s reviews before their visit. And we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we can improve.
We appreciate your business

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon.

“Horrible service and food was not good and overpriced. Yuck!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I was so surprised that the food sucked at Jaliscos the last time I ate there. First the waitress was rude. The food is better at almost all other Mexican restaurants in Bastrop.

Jalisco Mexican R, General Manager at Jalisco Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Good Morning, First I want to apologized for the bad service that You received...
Our commitment is have al our customers completely satisfied, Please give us a second chance for improve it.. We know we can do better...
I'm apologized again....
Management...
Elgin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Borderline Service”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We live in Elgin, so have visited all the Mexican restaurants. The service here is borderline slow. It isn't as though there weren't enough wait staff, they just don't seem organized for a long term restaurant.
The lunch burrito (beef fajita) was a flour tortilla filled with chopped meat and drowned in a non-descript cheese sauce which flowed over the beans as well. The meat was flavorful, but I expected something-onions, peppers, sauce-to complement the meat, so it was somewhat dry.
On the flip side, my wife's enchilada with carne guisada plate was flavorful and enjoyable. The refried beans are also quite good.
Maybe I'm overly critical, because there was a steady influx of customers (maybe more so than normal since this was a holiday and the inauguration was on all the TV stations) but we get more consistant service and food at a couple of the other Mexican restaurants in town.

• Visited January 2013
Good morning,
I want to apologized for the inconvenience on your last visit. Our goal is have every customer completely satified.....
Please give us a second chance for improve it.....
Sincerenly
Management
“Everything is good!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and never had anything I didn't like. Nice servings, always hot, and always good. Service people are friendly, quick and very ,very friendly. Nachos are the best! I especially love the happy hour.....where can you go for a "rita" for 1.99 and it is wonderful!!! I LOVE THIS PLACE. I have lived in the state of Jalisco in Mexico and there is no comparison. Sandy D.

• Visited January 2013
“Laura rocks!!!!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Go visit Laura at Jalisco (at the bar) she makes a great margarita. She never let's your drink get empty and she's so sweet and friendly. Laura rocks the margaritas on the rocks!!!!

Been to Jalisco Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!