“Horrible service and food was not good and overpriced. Yuck!”

Jalisco Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I was so surprised that the food sucked at Jaliscos the last time I ate there. First the waitress was rude. The food is better at almost all other Mexican restaurants in Bastrop.

Jalisco Mexican R, General Manager at Jalisco Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Good Morning, First I want to apologized for the bad service that You received...
Our commitment is have al our customers completely satisfied, Please give us a second chance for improve it.. We know we can do better...
I'm apologized again....
Management...

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We live in Elgin, so have visited all the Mexican restaurants. The service here is borderline slow. It isn't as though there weren't enough wait staff, they just don't seem organized for a long term restaurant.
The lunch burrito (beef fajita) was a flour tortilla filled with chopped meat and drowned in a non-descript cheese sauce which flowed over the beans as well. The meat was flavorful, but I expected something-onions, peppers, sauce-to complement the meat, so it was somewhat dry.
On the flip side, my wife's enchilada with carne guisada plate was flavorful and enjoyable. The refried beans are also quite good.
Maybe I'm overly critical, because there was a steady influx of customers (maybe more so than normal since this was a holiday and the inauguration was on all the TV stations) but we get more consistant service and food at a couple of the other Mexican restaurants in town.

Good morning,
I want to apologized for the inconvenience on your last visit. Our goal is have every customer completely satified.....
Please give us a second chance for improve it.....
Sincerenly
Management

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and never had anything I didn't like. Nice servings, always hot, and always good. Service people are friendly, quick and very ,very friendly. Nachos are the best! I especially love the happy hour.....where can you go for a "rita" for 1.99 and it is wonderful!!! I LOVE THIS PLACE. I have lived in the state of Jalisco in Mexico and there is no comparison. Sandy D.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Go visit Laura at Jalisco (at the bar) she makes a great margarita. She never let's your drink get empty and she's so sweet and friendly. Laura rocks the margaritas on the rocks!!!!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We eat there at least once a week. I've always judged a mexican food restaurant by how good their Nachos are. Theirs are by far the best I've ever eaten. The meat tastes like it is marinated in beer and spices and then grilled. They use the same meat in the beef fajitas. It is sooo good. We have liked everything we've tried there. Love their margaritas too!