“A "must stop" every trip”

Prasek's Hillje Smokehouse
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in El Campo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Description: We are famous for our jerky and sausage and smokehouse products, but we are so much more. We are a bakery, specialty meat market, restaurant, convenience store, gift shop, ice cream parlor, and Prasek's gear. We also offer a huge line of wines, specialty food products, outdoor fire pits, grills, hunting gear, deer stands, fishing gear, Yeti coolers, and Costa sunglasses and gear. We are your One Stop Shop!
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Fantastic food, bakery and gift shop. We can never get enough jerky or koliche's to take home. This year we were staying overnight nearby so we ordered our Christmas pies. Picked this up early Sunday morning and they were still warm from the oven. Christmas Wednesday everyone ranted and raved over the pies, they were so good.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The store is pretty nice offering food to eat along with Texas themed shopping. They seem to pride themselves on their Jerky and smokey's so of course when in Texas I had to try them. The smokey's were pretty good especially the ones with cheese and jalapenos. The jerky really had no taste and was not up to even Jack Links standard let alone good enough for the insane price they were charging. Unfortunately I ended up throwing away all that I bought which if you knew me is pretty rare. I do not want to be completely negative because the people were friendly and the store had a lot of other items to choose from. I would stop back for the smokey's but stay clear of the jerky.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a great place to stop on highway 59. It is south of Houston and north of Victoria. The rest rooms are clean. They also have a Shell gas station. The food is really good. I suggest the BBQue brisket. You can easily split an order of fries. Their bakery is good as well. We also buy meat to bring home and grill. There is a store with many different products and a nice cream shop.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We try and stop at Prasek's every time we take a trip to Houston. Everything I've tried their is fresh and delicious. On our most recent trip, I purchased peppered venison, and Cajun turkey jerkey. Both were out of this world tasty! My friend bought a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, and it was a hit with all the boys during the football game. I knew Prasek's made delicious meats and cheeses, but I had no idea they made their own coffee! I tried the southern Texas pecan, and it was amazing! It's not coffee with some fake/processed pecan flavor, they actually roast the beans with Texas pecans. I bought a bag to take home with me. Don't hesitate to stop here, it's worth it!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Terrible beef jerky, no flavor, cut into strands, fishy taste. Overpriced, steer clear. Big old tourist trap. Didn't try into worth stopping for.