“Not worth it”

Reviewed July 11, 2012

old and run dowm, it wasn't worth almost 80.00 a night . keep driven

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 15, 2011

We paid about $68 per night for the room. The alternative was the Best Western Plus down the road at $130. The gentlemen at the counter (I assume the owner) was nice. The room was clean but barely adequate. We only used the room to sleep in as we visited relatives so it served its purpose. Very stuffy inside as there are no windows to open for ventilation. Would I go back again? I would have to think about it.

Room Tip: Look at the room first before you pay
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We reserved a room with 2 queen beds, but on arrival the manager said at the price I got it was for a king size bed. The bed was against the wall and my wife had to crawl over me or off the end of the bed to get off and on. The furniture was old and the veneer was off some of it.

The manager showed me bills for other rooms and said how cheap we were getting the room. He said it cost more to clean up and change 2 beds rather than one. O course, I knew that, but we could have been told that over the phone when we were reserving and paying for the room more than a week in advance. We stayed two nights but we kept them out of the room so they only had to clean up once.

I asked him what he was doing with all the money he was overcharging his tenants and he never answered. Certainly he is not replacing badly needed furniture.

We paid more than a week in advance to get the best price. When we got there we had no choice in which room we got.

Room Tip: My advice is to not pay in advance and check out the room before you decide if it is ok or not. Also...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RICHARD R
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Let me start by saying all I really need in a hotel is cold air, a clean room, and hot water. I usually only use the hotel room as a place to sleep and rest in between plans. I initially picked this hotel/motel because of the price. When I saw the previous review about the infestation I decided to bring my own blankets just in case. The outside looks plain and there weren't many cars in the parking lot. This was a little odd. When I walked in to the office I was greeted by a very pleasant young lady. I quickly got my room key and headed to the room. Once I opened the door I found the room to be very clean and normal looking. It looked like someones home bedroom. The bed was comfortable and smelled clean (yes, I smelled the sheets). The restroom had been sanitized and also smelled clean. Another positive point of this motel is that it has wireless internet access.

So to my initial requirements: the airconditioner was cold, the room was clean, and the water was hot. I would definitely stay at this location again if I am ever in this area again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
endatexas, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Thank you for taking time to share your review about our hotel in Edna, TX. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff and service. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Hotel Management & Staff

Reviewed November 4, 2008

We stayed recently at this hotel and our experience was nothing but exceptional. The other hotel nearby was charging $130 per night so we decided stayed at thsi hotel. Front desk staff was very professional and rooms/ pool area was fine. High speed internet was a plus. We were surprised at previous review. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I am a semi driver, and had a delivery near Edna, TX. My wife and I needed a room because the a/c went out in my truck. We considered staying at this inn because they allowed pets and had room to park our truck. When the door was unlocked to our room, I was appalled by the infestation of insects. The were on every surface, including the ceiling, walls, floors, bathroom and tub. The furnishings were vintage 1960s, broken and filthy. There were cobwebs and food cooked unto the microwave. The owner tried to accomodate us by showing us other rooms. All were equally infested and had the same horrid furnishings. We finally got our refund, but will never consider staying at a motel owned by America's Best Value Inns.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texana_7, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2008

We work deligently to address our guest concerns. In this case, we offered another room and guest informed us that he is fine with it but his wife is not happy. So, we gladly refunded the money. We do have a monthly contract with Orkin's for pest control. Many hotels have quaterly contract ,but we do monthly treatements. Many part of Texas had unusual 'Cricket ' problem this year.There were several news paper article about this matter.This was one time mother nature problem. An apology letter was also sent to the guest. We are surprised at guest's comment about furniture. The furniture picture on our website will verify that it is not an antique furniture. We still regret our guest inconvenience.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!