“Great staff, very clean hotel but walls were paper thin”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Eastland
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Eastland
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed at the La Quinta due to other reviews of this hotel. Lots of choices in Eastland with lower prices but not good customer reviews. The staff of the hotel were very friendly and attentive to all of my needs. The room was very clean and the shower had lots of warm water and water pressure. A hot shower was what I needed after hunting each day. the king size bed was very comfortable. the free breakfast was more than I had expected with Biscuits and gravy, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, sausage links, home fries, bagels, fresh fruit and more. The only issue I had was with the construction of the hotel walls. They were so poorly sound insulated that I could hear clearly the conversation in the room next to mine. A final note the La Quinta was perfectly located within walking distance of a Walmart Super Store, Gasoline and only 15 minutes from the lease I was hunting on. Only in Texas could you walk into a hotel in Camo with a shotgun over your shoulder and the staff would ask how was the hunting that day.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Please do not stay at this hotel. I was passing through on my way back to Lubbock from Dallas. The service was awful the room (non smoking) smelled like cigarettes and there was dog hair and bugs everywhere. If you're passing through or even staying an extended period of time, any hotel in eastland would be better than this one. the breakfast all tasted stale and the woman who was working the desk (very snobby by the way) said they were out of milk when I asked for some. what type of hotel lets their resources run out at 7am? do not recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank roger198702
lq6173, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Eastland, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Roger,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize you were unsatisfied with your stay. Our team takes great strides to ensure we have clean rooms for all our guests. We have extensive room inspections by supervisors daily. We are an award winning hotel every year we have been in operation in guest satisfaction. We take cleanliness very seriously! If we had known that a guest had a room that showed smoke, pet hair and or bugs we would've taken care of it immediately and moved you to another room. We have regular visits from a pest control to ensure we don't have bugs and our maintenance program follows up daily. As for the breakfast, We apologize that it wasn't to your liking. We prepare our items fresh everyday and we usually never run out of "resources", but at times, it may happen. Safe travels to you!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a YES for handicap quadriplegic room space. Everyone we dealt with was awesome and took the time to speak with us. The most important thing to us is having enough room to get around in the room with an electric wheelchair. The room was clean as well as the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
A La Quinta traveler
Odessa, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 16, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The staff at the Eastland La Quinta are among my favorites at any hotel I stay in. They always have the kind of room I requested ready and waiting when I get there which is usually a late arrival. I make my reservations directly with the hotel and they are handled quickly, efficiently and professionally every time! Good People! This is why I choose this location about 15 times a year!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Very quiet in rooms even so close to I-20. Swimming pool opens at 7:30 a.m. before breakfast swim. Breakfast had a very good variety. Furnishings in hall, lobby, breakfast area and rooms all very nice. 12:00 noon check out time a big plus

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family