“Loved the jalapeno pork chops”
Review of Humphrey Pete's

Humphrey Pete's
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Early
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is a nice place with a huge variety of early Americana artifacts for decor. Four of us went for dinner. Two had the jalapeno pork chops; one had the quail kabobs, and one the blackened chicken salad. All the food was very good. We don't live in Texas and getting a glass of wine was a challenge. Luckily we had Texas residents with us and they could order it. Prices were reasonable and service was good. All in all, a good dining experience.

There are newer reviews for Humphrey Pete's

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was passing through town and saw restaurant. Waitress was talking to other people while giving me my drink// straw, etc. I was trying to ask her for something and she continued to talk to other people but was at my table placing items on my table. I thought the steak was reasonably priced until I received it. It was the smallest steak I have ever eaten especially for that price. It was literally a 3 bite steak . The Rib eye steak sandwich from Steak express is larger than this 17- 18 dollar steak. When I asked for more butter - so I could try to make the potato soft and not so hard The waitress told me she only had two hands and needed to get other food out but she would get someone to bring me some. I would not go back.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a great place to eat, lots of variety, good food, and it accommodates large groups or families. Very family friendly.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Very cool vintage decor and friendly, laid back and fun staff. Food was pretty good and reasonably priced. If I'm ever in Brownwood again I'd go back!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a great local spot for good food and service. We usually eat here when visiting our daughter at college. We haven't had anything that wasn't terrific and the prices are very reasonable.

Been to Humphrey Pete's? Share your experiences!