“A Pleasant evening”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Eagle Pass
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
“A Pleasant evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Clean rooms bed pillows a little hard for my liking great shower head Park in front of room for 1st floor stays Great morning tacos and very nice breakfast setting Check in quick and desk clerk friendly

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Poteet
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I had been weary about staying at this hotel. It's entrance is hidden by a concrete wall in the front. We stayed there about three weeks ago and was surprised and how pleasant it really was. So this weekend we went again to celebrate my birthday at the casino. On the morning of checkout as I was putting my clothes on their was a knock in the door followed by the maid opening the door. I was glad my husband was near the door to catch her as I was still not dressed. That is the first time that has ever happened at a Best Western. I also was feeling ill that morning and my husband went to try to get me something to eat since we were thinking we might have to go to the ER and was told he could not take anything to the room. Then yesterday we noticed that I got billed on my credit card when we told the front desk clerk to charge my husband's business card that we gave her. When we called asking if they had charged both accounts they said they would not be able to help us if it was. We are Platnium members and have never had any hotel not be able to help us. Needless to say next time in Eagle Pass we won't be staying at the BW

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Harlingen, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I've made many trips to this fair city---mostly to gamble at the only legal casino in Texas. We used to go to the hotel across the street---La Quinta. The price kept going up and the quality and cleanliness went down. Finally, we tried several cheaper options but they were horrible. Then we tried The Best Western Plus and it was at least worth the price. Everything was much better than the hotel across the street. It was even a couple of dollars cheaper and a much better choice. Wish my chojce of machines at the casino was as good!

Room Tip: Try to get one around the pool for easy acessiblity to all the amenities.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CasinoAdvisor
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here on a week night. All of the hotels/motels are over priced in this town. I recieved a reasonable rate, as it was during the week. I had stayed at the A. Best value inn the previous night. The Best Western only cost $12 more, and was worth it. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. Walking distance to several places to eat. If i could get the same $80 rate, I would stay here whenever I am in this town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

I will never stay at a Best Western Hotel again. I am a AAA member. The first time I stayed , I made my reservation online. The second time I called directly to the hotel to book my room. I told the receptionist that I was a AAA member. When I got ready to check out I asked for my discount. The girl said she had to call her manager Harry Patel. He said no that I woul not get the discount.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

Room was clean, air conditioner worked well, shower nice and hot. Hotel staff was very nice. Had a room by the pool but was not disturbed by people in the pool. Breakfast must have been good because we slept late and most of the good things were gone before we got there (Homemade Tacos). There is a Skillets restaurant across the street which was pretty good. Good trip overall.

• Liked — Located right off main road - easy to find. Comfortable accomodations
  • Disliked — The gamblers that came in late at night. We were in a downstairs room and upstairs got noisy in the early hours.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple