“The longer they are in business the worst they get”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagle Pass
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Eagle Pass
Big Spring, Texas
“The longer they are in business the worst they get”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I keep staying there because of location and value but every stay gets a little worse, they advertise in-room coffee and tea, when I checked in there was no coffee pot in room, when I asked the clerk about a coffee pot she brought me one, but no coffee, house keeping left coffee on the first and second day but not the third, again on the forth and removed the pot from the room on the fifth day of my of my nine day stay, the variety of breakfast items ranged from almost ever thing you could ask for in a continental breakfast to cereal and stale bagels day by day

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Nestor D, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagle Pass, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Good afternoon.
Thank you so much for your review, we take your comments very seriously, now we have coffee in every room, not just only on the suites.
I am certain that we will be more to your liking on your next stay.
Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have stayed here abour five times now, it had become my new place to stay while visiting the casino...still cant get a room at the casino...always fully booked. To start I have always been impressed with the ladies that have checked us in, always friendy and upbeat and always get us checked in super fast. The rooms are great clean, appealing, plenty of space, comfy beds. Now about my last stay this past Saturday. As usual great check in, great room. Spent the whole day at the casino and got back to the room about 11 pm tired. Showered and got ready for bed. Within minutes we started hearing the dreaded door slams and what sounded like kids running down the hall. This is nothing new it happens so we just lay there waiting for it to calm down so we could sleep. While laying there trying to fall asleep I counted 24 door slams, 4 herds of elephants running down the halls and various thumps and bumps that sounded like they were remodeling a room nearby. Guess I finally fell asleep who knows when only to be woken by someone pounding non stop on the door next door to us. Scared the crap out of me I thought the hotel was on fire or something. Then the idiot starts shouting and I mean shouting GET UP, GET UP, WAKE UP, GET UP, ITS 7 oclock ALREADY. My husband was PISSED, he shouted yeah you F###### idiot now me and the whole hotel are up at 7 oclock!!! It got quiet then but we were already woke and werent going to fall back to sleep. I think I got a few hours of sleep but my husband said he didnt because after I fell asleep the whole noise thing started again at three in the morning. It took him four cups of coffee just to wake up enough to function and he doesnt even drink coffee lol. We had planned to spend the day at the casino because they were holding a drawing that evening and giving away a car. Due to little and no sleep it ruined the whold day for us, we ended up leaving the casino at 1 in the afternoon we couldnt make it for the evening drawing, my husband was afraid if we stayed any later he would not be able to make the drive home back to San Antonio safely. So yeah we might have won a new car if we had stayed so thanks to all the obnoxious, inconsiderate, a-holes who were staying on the third floor!! I might or not decide to stay at this hotel again after this but if i do and anything like this happens again I will be smart this time and immediately demand they move me to a QUIET room!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon.
Thank you for your review, i am truly sorry for the way this other guest treated you.
For any problems, always contact front desk, we can change your room at any time.
I hope this bad night wont keep you from returning.

I hope to see you soon and please contact the manager Nestor, i will give you a good rate for your next stay.
Best regards.