“Great Friendly Service”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Eagle Pass
IL
“Great Friendly Service”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The service at this hotel was excellent. Everything was clean, service was fast, food was excellent, room service incredible. Overall the service at this hotel was the best I have ever experienced. Lety and Martha were very polite and helpful!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 23, 2011

The service was great and very personalized. Lety did a great job on our room!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I travel with my family a lot, but never get the service I got here...staff is polite, nice and always trying to do what they can to make my stay better. As soon as I arrived Ms.Dorisell was very helpful at the front desk and made my stay great!!! Love you guys at Hampton Inn in Eagle Pass. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 12, 2011

The staff and managment here care and do an excellent job. The facility itself is beautiful and well maintained.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Well I stayed last month at The Hampton Inn were there was great services and clean comftarble rooms. I even left 5 drll tip because of how clean the rooms were. Ms.Melissa Infront desk did a great job with our wake up calls and extra towels. I'm a very piki person but I absoluetly recommend and will go back too Hampton in Eagle Pass.

• Stayed October 2011
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My colleague and I had a hard time finding solid recommendations for a last minute trip to Eagle Pass. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the Hampton Inn was quite new, clean, and well maintained. The hotel was pretty full, but everything went smoothly.
• Check-in was friendly and expedient.
• The wireless worked about as well as any hotel ~500-575 Kps
• Both rooms were clean and everything worked.
• The AC was a bit loud, but typical for hotels with individual wall units.
• The breakfast buffet included warm food: eggs, bacon, potatoes, and the now-ubiquitous waffle maker. Fresh fruit salad was nice.
The only downside was that the price point was a bit higher than others available in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We booked this trip online as we always do, we visit this area about 5 times a year because they have the only casino in texas. When we arrived the front desk girl was friendly and making small talk as she took our id and credit card and typed on her computer screen. Everything was fine until she swiped our credit card, then she informed us she couldnt find our reservation. She swiped again and told us she had nothing for us, there were no rooms. She also informed us that after 6 pm she is allowed to give out the rooms of the no shows and that maybe our room was one of those that had been given away. I informed her I didnt think so as I had booked with a credit card. She said you did? What credit card did you use? I told her the same card you are still holding and that you already swiped. From there it got even worse. I ended up using the hotels computer to go online and copy my reservation info for her to see we did indeed have a reservation. We went back and forth for about half an hour, I even went so far as to get a customer service rep on the phone with her to no avail, she still couldnt find our reservation and still had no room for us even though I had all the comfirmation info in my hand. The rep even faxed her a copy of the confirmation and she still had no room for us. After an hour and a half of trying to get my room I had booked I had no choice but to give up. The bottom line is we ended up sleeping in our car as there were no other rooms available in that town. At one point she offered to relocate us to San Antonio. The problem was we are from San Antonio and had just driven the 3 hours to get to that hotel hahaha. So its 4 days later and I am still trying to get answers as to how and why this happened to us with little success. I am of the opinion our room was given away due to the fact there was no problem until she swiped our credit card. This was major incompetence on the employees part and gross negligence on Hamptons Inn part. Can you imagine the hardships me and my husband who are fifty plus years old with him having a bad back and me with arthritis in my knees suffered trying to sleep in a car?? It was both painful physically and mentally! I guess I have to take some blame because I usually stay at La Quinta who has always provided the best possible experience every time we stay there. lesson learned, needless to say I will NEVER try staying at another Hampton Inn or any other Hilton owned properties.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple