“Wonderful stay”

Best Western Plus Duncanville Dallas
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Duncanville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Read reviews from Trip Advisor and booked this hotel because of the positive feedback from previous guest. After staying there, I agree with the positive comments. Friendly atmosphere, caring staff, clean facility, off interstate for easy access to Dallas and surrounding areas. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BW_DL, General Manager at Best Western Plus Duncanville Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Benjamin M,

We welcome you to the Tripadvisor community and congrats on your 1st review on Tripadvisor.com. Thank you for mentioning our caring staff and clean facility. We work hard to ensure a great experience. Thank you for noticing!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed for one night. The room was average how ever the hotel is going green. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable enough. The air was noisy. At 3 in the morning I was awaken by a strong electrical smell. The smell was overwhelming. I didn't see any thing smoking but called downstairs. The night managerBen came up and checked out the room. We figured out that the heat had come on and was causing the smell. Ben offered me another room if I dint feel comfortable in my room. I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. I called Downstairs and was ready to change rooms when the sir came back on. Ben was very helpful and did not make me feel as if I was bothering him at time of morning. Thanks Ben for your assistance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aquanetta B

Dear Aquanetta B,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I apologize that you experienced what we refer to as a "burn off" when we make the switch from cool to heat. Most hotels use electric heat and over time the heater strips collect thin layer of dust. When we activate the heat for the first time, this thin layer of dust harmlessly burns off creating a slight odor. To prevent guests from experiencing this issue, we normally go thru the entire hotel and activate the heat for a short time period prior to the cold season. It looks like we were just a bit late this year! Fortunately, we completed the entire hotel not long after your stay so other guests will not experience this. I'm really glad Ben was able to check on your room and assure you that everything was safe. Thank you for acknowledging our wonderful staff.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel is a good value and close to Dallas. The information given to me on the phone by the clerk regarding the amount of time that it would take for me to get to my business connections were right on target.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear HRCWLongBeach,

I'm glad you enjoyed our location near Dallas. We are only 1 block away from the City of Dallas border and 15min from downtown Dallas. I'm also glad our knowledgeable front desk staff helped you by getting you to your business meetings for the day.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed one night with my wife and mother while we were visiting our sons in Cedar Hill. We were blown away by the cleanliness of this hotel and it certainly gave us a "homey" feeling while we were there. Great beds including the best pillows I've ever had at any hotels in the world (I've been traveling for over 40 years). Wish I knew where to buy them! The room was well appointed, well lit and the hotel gave us a feeling of safety. The staff was friendly and it was in a good location. The free breakfast was just so-so, but certainly adequate.

3  Thank bohste

Dear Bohste,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here in Duncanville while visiting Cedar Hill. Our pillows are the new Best Western pillows where we place two smaller and two larger pillows on each bed. Thus giving our guests the options to pick the best pillow for their own comfort. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Basic and clean. The night attendant was very nice and helpful. We had two rooms and had asked to be next door or across the hall, we were halfway down the hall from each other. We didn't feel like they tried very hard to meet our request. We were fine, but made many trips between the two rooms. Both rooms had a small frig and microwave which were very helpful. We just needed a place to sleep and this worked fine. This was Labor Day Weekend and the breakfast foods were cleaned out by 9 am and we never had breakfast here. Just the basics!

Room Tip: We were on the back side in the middle of the hall. Our room was pretty quiet.
1  Thank DDavistraveler
BW_DL, General Manager at Best Western Plus Duncanville Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Davis,

Thank you very much for your review; however, I was disappointed that we didn't earn a 5-star review like the last 2 hotels you reviewed-Four Seasons Hotel in Vancouver and the Vdara Hotel & Spa in Las Vegas. I know we are not a luxury 5-star hotel like those hotels, but my team works tirelessly to ensure that every guest has a great experience with our hotel. This isn't the case here, but could you imagine someone mistaking a 3-star hotel for a 5-star hotel?

Now let me see if I can answer some of your concerns. I apologize that we could not offer you 2 rooms next to each other; however, after reviewing the reservation modification logs, I can see that our front desk staff did make multiple attempts around 1pm (about the time we assign room numbers) to assign you rooms near each other-this was 7hours before your arrival. Since your reservations were for 2 different room types, this created a slight challenge. So the morning staff was able to assign you 2 rooms on the same floor separated by 4 rooms. So not too bad for a sold-out weekend. I'm just glad that our staff was able to keep both rooms on the same floor.

Now let's talk about the breakfast because I deeply care about this issue. On the weekends (especially busy weekends), I instruct my staff to be extend our hot breakfast buffet hours from the normal 6am-9am to 9:30am. So I checked our security cameras and sure enough, our breakfast attendants on Sat and Sun had the breakfast out until 9:27am on Sat and 9:28am on Sun and didn't start clearing out until then. So maybe your trip down to our breakfast room was after 9:30a.

In the future, I hope your reviews take your entire experience into account for the hotel segment that you have selected. Maybe next time we can earn a better review.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

employees great, room very nice and clean, asked for directions to the place we needed to go he said let me print you directions with out even asking one of the best places we have stayed close to all the places we wanted to go will stay there again when in the area

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your comments about the great service you experience at our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

For a reasonable price this is the best in the area. I usually have stayed at the Laquinta Cedar Hill but definitely like the Best Western Duncanville better now that I've given it a try. Cleaner, a little bit more on the luxury than functional side. Both are very good if you have to be in the area. The bathroom and tub showerhead all very nicely appointed. Big pillow-top mattresses. The only down side to our whole experiences was the neighbor was cheating and smoking in their bathroom at 4:30 a.m. and at that hour I didn't want to call in and complain that the smoke was creeping into our room via the vents. No fault of the hotel. Nice small workout room and backyard sized pool and hot tub, very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Roadrunnergourmet,

Thank you very much for your comments! I'm really glad you enjoyed your room and your stay with us. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel, but there are a few times where a guest chooses not to honor this hotel policy or they feel that they will create their own policy! So I do apologize that your neighbor was "cheating" on this policy. Shame shame shame on that guest! Had you called our staff at that hour, they would have done their best to identify the guilty party! We look forward to your next arrival to our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncanville
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville
Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas South - DeSoto
TownePlace Suites Dallas DeSoto
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cedar Hill

Been to Best Western Plus Duncanville Dallas? Share your experiences!