“Great Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Long Beach, California
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel is a good value and close to Dallas. The information given to me on the phone by the clerk regarding the amount of time that it would take for me to get to my business connections were right on target.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BW_DL, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Duncanville Dallas, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear HRCWLongBeach,

I'm glad you enjoyed our location near Dallas. We are only 1 block away from the City of Dallas border and 15min from downtown Dallas. I'm also glad our knowledgeable front desk staff helped you by getting you to your business meetings for the day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed one night with my wife and mother while we were visiting our sons in Cedar Hill. We were blown away by the cleanliness of this hotel and it certainly gave us a "homey" feeling while we were there. Great beds including the best pillows I've ever had at any hotels in the world (I've been traveling for over 40 years). Wish I knew where to buy them! The room was well appointed, well lit and the hotel gave us a feeling of safety. The staff was friendly and it was in a good location. The free breakfast was just so-so, but certainly adequate.

3 Thank bohste
Dear Bohste,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here in Duncanville while visiting Cedar Hill. Our pillows are the new Best Western pillows where we place two smaller and two larger pillows on each bed. Thus giving our guests the options to pick the best pillow for their own comfort. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Basic and clean. The night attendant was very nice and helpful. We had two rooms and had asked to be next door or across the hall, we were halfway down the hall from each other. We didn't feel like they tried very hard to meet our request. We were fine, but made many trips between the two rooms. Both rooms had a small frig and microwave which were very helpful. We just needed a place to sleep and this worked fine. This was Labor Day Weekend and the breakfast foods were cleaned out by 9 am and we never had breakfast here. Just the basics!

Room Tip: We were on the back side in the middle of the hall. Our room was pretty quiet.
1 Thank DDavistraveler
BW_DL, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Duncanville Dallas, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Davis,

Thank you very much for your review; however, I was disappointed that we didn't earn a 5-star review like the last 2 hotels you reviewed-Four Seasons Hotel in Vancouver and the Vdara Hotel & Spa in Las Vegas. I know we are not a luxury 5-star hotel like those hotels, but my team works tirelessly to ensure that every guest has a great experience with our hotel. This isn't the case here, but could you imagine someone mistaking a 3-star hotel for a 5-star hotel?

Now let me see if I can answer some of your concerns. I apologize that we could not offer you 2 rooms next to each other; however, after reviewing the reservation modification logs, I can see that our front desk staff did make multiple attempts around 1pm (about the time we assign room numbers) to assign you rooms near each other-this was 7hours before your arrival. Since your reservations were for 2 different room types, this created a slight challenge. So the morning staff was able to assign you 2 rooms on the same floor separated by 4 rooms. So not too bad for a sold-out weekend. I'm just glad that our staff was able to keep both rooms on the same floor.

Now let's talk about the breakfast because I deeply care about this issue. On the weekends (especially busy weekends), I instruct my staff to be extend our hot breakfast buffet hours from the normal 6am-9am to 9:30am. So I checked our security cameras and sure enough, our breakfast attendants on Sat and Sun had the breakfast out until 9:27am on Sat and 9:28am on Sun and didn't start clearing out until then. So maybe your trip down to our breakfast room was after 9:30a.

In the future, I hope your reviews take your entire experience into account for the hotel segment that you have selected. Maybe next time we can earn a better review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

employees great, room very nice and clean, asked for directions to the place we needed to go he said let me print you directions with out even asking one of the best places we have stayed close to all the places we wanted to go will stay there again when in the area

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your comments about the great service you experience at our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

For a reasonable price this is the best in the area. I usually have stayed at the Laquinta Cedar Hill but definitely like the Best Western Duncanville better now that I've given it a try. Cleaner, a little bit more on the luxury than functional side. Both are very good if you have to be in the area. The bathroom and tub showerhead all very nicely appointed. Big pillow-top mattresses. The only down side to our whole experiences was the neighbor was cheating and smoking in their bathroom at 4:30 a.m. and at that hour I didn't want to call in and complain that the smoke was creeping into our room via the vents. No fault of the hotel. Nice small workout room and backyard sized pool and hot tub, very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Roadrunnergourmet,

Thank you very much for your comments! I'm really glad you enjoyed your room and your stay with us. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel, but there are a few times where a guest chooses not to honor this hotel policy or they feel that they will create their own policy! So I do apologize that your neighbor was "cheating" on this policy. Shame shame shame on that guest! Had you called our staff at that hour, they would have done their best to identify the guilty party! We look forward to your next arrival to our hotel.
Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

My stay there during the recent festival at DCC was very enjoyable . This is a good hotel to those both auto or traveling on foot . Requested Hotel . I you're on foot . It is short walking distance to DART to the north . If you're driving , there is a Valero , Shell , 7-11 in walking distance to the north and south of the hotel and it sits directly on the freeway . HWY 67 . There is a Luby's that is next door west of the property and other restaurants in walking distance .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Willie A,

Congrats on joining the TripAdvisor community and for your 1st review! Reviews help other guests make a safe decision and also learn about our area. So kudos to your great review and for helping others. I'm really glad you enjoyed your trip to Dallas during Mega Fest 2013. Oprah and all of the other guests of Pastor TD Jakes made this event a huge success! So we will see you next year again for Mega Fest 2014!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stopped for one night while on the road passing through Dallas. Good freeway access. Friendly staff and nice large, clean rooms. Plenty of parking too! Free breakfast that included bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy and waffles. Better than your standard continental breakfast. Exactly the kind of hotel we were searching for on this across country trip.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZumaDawg
Dear ZumaDawg,

Thank you for immense contribution to TripAdvisor (for being a Top Contributor). I'm glad we made your quick stop a restful one as you made your way thru Dallas. Keep up the great work with your reviews. Take care and we will see next time!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncanville
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville
Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cedar Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas South - DeSoto
TownePlace Suites Dallas DeSoto

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Duncanville Dallas? Share your experiences!