“Convenient Place to Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Duncanville
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is clean, safe, and has an attentive staff. Excellent experience. If anything does go wrong, they fix it immediately. They seem to understand and practice continuous improvement. The best part is its convenience to the places I need to visit in the South part of Dallas.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Cody S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your positive review and your kind words about our hotel and our team - we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had no soap in my room upon check-in. I asked the housekeeper who told me that I needed to call the front desk. Really? Me? Also, the air conditioning in the one conference room was soooo cold we had to ask for blankets both days during our company meetings. When we asked for the A/C to be adjusted, we got no satisfaction from the staff nor an explanantion.

1  Thank Daniel A
Cody S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for speaking with me yesterday via email, and for allowing me to address your stay with us and discuss how we can do better. We value your feedback, and we thank you for your continued loyalty to the Hilton HHonors program and the Hilton Family of Brands.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great hotel - convenient to all of our needs, staff was friendly and courteous. Clean and comfortable rooms. Overall, a great stay - will definitely stay here again when in the area for business or leisure.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Cody S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our team, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The AC in my room #501 did not work properly. I contacted the front desk to let them know that while the thermostat in my room was set at 68 degrees the temp in my room was 80 degrees. On the first night of my stay (Sunday) the front desk told me that housekeeping must have forgot to turn the thermostat down which was supposed to be done two hours before my scheduled check-in time. On Monday evening the front desk had a maintenance person come to my room to examine the AC and each they said it was working fine as it was blowing cool air but they could not explain why it was so warm in my room. They said there was not another room to move me to but I was offered a free movie and some beers, neither of which alleviated the discomfort of being in a hot room. On Tuesday afternoon I was told the AC was definitely fixed and it would not be necessary to move me to another room. When I got to my room it was 72 degrees and in only thirty minutes the temp had risen to 75 degrees. I went to dinner and when I came back the temp in my room had risen to 80 degrees! I found the assistant manager and had him come up to my room so he could see for himself. It was only then that I got moved to another room. I was very disappointed in the quality of my room and the level of service I was given.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We're sorry for the maintenance issues you experienced during your stay with us. You deserve better, and we will do a better job of being prepared in the future - as well as responding to your needs quicker! We thank you for bringing these items to our attention, and if your future travels bring you back to the Duncanville area, we hope you will give us a chance to show you the improvements we've made.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Initial impression was good. Staff was very polite, friendly and professional from the front desk to the maid service. Accommodations fell short. No hot water. Toilet and overhead light stopped working during our one night stay. Lots of wear & tear on furniture that hadn't but could have been maintained. Reported all issues at check out and requested our bill be reduced. Disappointed to report we did not receive any discount for our inconveniences.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We're sorry for the maintenance issues you experienced during your stay with us. We are working hard to alleviate problems like these, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. Our hotel begins a full-scale renovation in November, and we are excited to provide you with fresh, up-to-date accomodations soon! We know you have a choice when traveling, and we hope you will come see us again in the near future.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The hotel is situated off the freeway, which was very helpful. They had a happy hour with punch and cookies available. While the hotel front and room staff were all very nice. The beds were hard and lumpy. Sleep was difficult.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Glad to hear you enjoyed the snack and refreshments! We're sorry for your unsatisfactory sleep experience during your stay with us, and we understand how important this is to any trip. We hope you will give us another opportunity to be your hotel of choice in the Duncanville area, and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Service was very friendly! Early check in was honored and a late check out. Hotel was pretty packed but the staff was on top of their game! Thank you Mark and Reyna..Also, housekeeping staff was very accommodating! :-)

• Stayed: June 2013
Tim C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, I'm delighted our staff made your stay a positive one!! We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncanville
Best Western Plus Duncanville Dallas
Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cedar Hill
TownePlace Suites Dallas DeSoto
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Hill

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville? Share your experiences!