“Outstanding service and intuition!”

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Duncanville
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was an outstanding crew! We got in 7 pm after walking out of a motel in a nearby town and deciding to travel on and return to THAT same nearby town for a job interview the following morning. It was just by chance we got off the interstate because we were travel weary that we happened upon this hotel we could see the sign and actually came in the "back way" . We were both suffering severe hip pain and had a dinner engagement pressing. We walked in expecting "same old same old" BUT were pleasantly suprised to be greeted by Tim Cartright, He said they certainly did have a room with a clean comfortable King size bed! and Breakfast too boot for an additional 4.00. . . so we took him up on it. We rested a bit and were able to meet our party for dinner and got in to the hotel after dinner, I stopped at the small "pantry" looking for advil PM but there was none, Tim was right there to see what we "NEEDED" since there was none he sent out for some. I WAS so blessed! I explained my husband had an interview for a job the next morning and we REALLY needed to rest. Then it occured to us he really, could use a trim around the ears, but we had left his scissors . . . . BUT Tim loaned us his scissors and we again were grateful! we woke up this morning with a letter under our door wishing us the best on the job interview! We had a wonderful rest, great breakfast , and the interview went wonderfully! THANKS to all the crew at Hilton's garden Inn of Duncanville! We will always try to stay here if the opportunity occurs! but we will always remember how we were treated! We had just spent a night in another BIG NAME hotel in Austin the Saturday night before and it was ok but THIS WAS HEAD AND SHOULDERS above!!! Yall ! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
lakers84, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

WOW , what a nice response !! I'm glad to see Tim WOWED you and provided a warm hospitable eenvironment !! We are certainly here to give you that sense of relief when traveling ,so if your travels bring you back to the area , we will certainly love to have you.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for two nights this past week while in town on business. This is your standard Hilton Garden Inn but it's located in an area that is not all that nice. When asked at the front desk if it was ok to walk in the area I was told that it would be better not to go for walk as the area has declined quite a bit (I drove thru the area - that statement made sense). The room itself was standard HGI with a not so comfy bed. That's unusual because they have the Garden Sleep system mattresses (I like them so much that we have one at home) but this one just was not right. The housekeeping was good room service seemed to always leave something off the orders including the silverware on one of the nights. The menu in the restaurant is way too complicated for this type of establishment and thus the dishes don't quite make it to the level they are advertised as. The rate was pretty good and the business center was helpful to have in that everything worked.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey , your type of feedback is critical to the hotel success ! Its guest like you that take the time to provide feeback to myself that continues to allow us to improve.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great room and spacious! Traveled w/a 2 yr old and he had plenty of room to play around. Service is great. Breakfast: good food and great choices and staff there were fast and helpful. Great location, off the highway. Restaurants close by as well as a shopping mall

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I'm glad to see you had a great experience at our property , we truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is the place to stay. You will not find a more customer friendly staff anywhere. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff at this exemplary hotel and would like to recognize three staff members in particular--front desk staff Aaron Lopez and Timothy Cartwright and General Manager Kevin Gilbert. The Hilton Garden Inn is lucky to have such fine people representing their establishment. As mentioned in my previous reviews of hotels I have some specific criteria relative to the room that must be met for the maximum positive grade, and this hotel meets all of these criteria. Excellent air conditioner; clean, comfortable beds; a TV with enough channels; and a showerhead high enough above the tub surface. I have only one minor complaint--the sink plunger that is supposed to keep the sink full of water (like for when I am shaving) would not stay in the proper position, so when I was shaving I had to place a washcloth over the sink drain and keep the water running in order to keep enough water in the sink to be able to shave. Other than that the experience could not have been better. I highly recommend the breakfast there; with my selections of choice being biscuits with sausage gravy, bacon strips, and sausage links. MMMMM!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
hgiduncanville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2015

We thank you for your business and feedback during your stay. We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel was clean and inviting. But the real rave is the staff. Each and every staff person I encountered was friendly and went out of their way to assist me and my family. Highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We thank you for your business and feedback during your stay. Please come again soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Was in Dallas for a trade show and booked this little-bit-out-of-the-way hotel by mistake. But next year when I visit Dallas I will stay here again. This is a very well managed hotel with a friendly staff. Cant stress enough how every employee went out of their way to be helpful. Never have I seen a staff like at this hotel. Aside from that, it's clean, modern and new (seems about only 1-2 years old), high end bedding and bed linens, towels, good breakfast, internet free, all good. If you stay here you, get a rental car. Its a little bit out of the way, takes 20 minutes to get a cab, about 20+ minutes to convention center. That's the only negative thing, the location but when I go back I will rent a car which is easily paid for by the room savings (did I mention this is very low cost hotel!). There are lots of advantages of having a free rental car in Dallas, along with a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
lakers84, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you so much for the incredible response , i truly apprecaite your business. I have shared your comments with my entire team !! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had to laugh reading an earlier review by someone who described the location as a horrible area with no food choices. Well, that's true. This place IS an island in the middle of nowhere, but go east one exit on 20 and there are choices. Wow, I've been coming here on business for 20 years and you should have seen this dry county then! So, what a relief it was when this hotel came in. That said, it is still nice, but aging. Service is great but the rooms could use some deep cleaning. Still the best choice if you need to stay in Duncanville.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncanville
Best Western Plus Duncanville Dallas
Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto
TownePlace Suites Dallas DeSoto
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cedar Hill
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas South - DeSoto

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville? Share your experiences!