Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville
Super 7 Inn(Dallas)
$50
$40
$63
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cedar Hill(Cedar Hill)(Great Value!)
$79
La Quinta
$66
$82
$77
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
All reviewsfront deskbasketball tournamentroom was cleanthe hotel staffnice hotelbusiness tripbusiness centergreat place to stayfree breakfastdallaskeuriginterstatefuneralpillowsaccommodationsclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have to preface this review by stating this stay was due to a high school reunion, otherwise, I would never have stayed in this location.

That being said, I have stayed at and priced MANY of Hilton Garden locations, and this one seems WAY overpriced! I paid close to $200 for a saturday night in July in a non touristy part of DFW. My room was warm, even when I tried to cool it off, I didn't sleep a wink due to the heat. I only drove 1 1/2 hours, so I'm not coming from a different climate. This room was not cooling.

The bed was comfortable, room was clean, amenties were as advertised. Parking was limited and late at night, I had to circle the property and enter through some hedges...I didn't feel safe. Once I was inside, it was better.

It was obviously a very popular hotel, so I guess that is what explains the cost. I only stayed there because that was the host location of my reunion. Next time, I am staying with a friend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank relaxalot2
lakers84, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns.. Can you share with me your actual dates and name on the resevations, I want to look into the rate and try and determine why you were charged the rates you were. I know you indicated you were here with a reunion , wanted to see if they had a rate set up and if they did I will adjust the difference back to you.I look forward to your response.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Nice hotel. Kind staff. Good location. Clean rooms. Good breakfast. I've lived here for the last two months.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Tim C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for your recent response ..... I'm glad to see that you really enjoyed the hotel , thank you for choosing to stay with us for so long .... Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Location was easy - right off of Interstate. Neighborhood was kind of dismal. Check-in went well. Room was adequate, although needed some paint in the bathroom. Mold forming on the tiles in the shower. I was told that the beds in the room would have some sort of device to adjust the comfort of the mattress - no such thing in my room. Called for room service from the restaurant in the hotel and was told that they did not have what I was ordering from the "in-room" menu - then told that the menu I had in my room was old and discontinued. No effort was made to accommodate for the "old" menu. Difficult to sleep due to the fact that the bedroom window was directly above the airconditioners for the meeting rooms downstairs - very noisy hum all night long. Clientele of the hotel left a lot to be desired - not sure if there was a neighborhood gang meeting the night we were there (June 8, 2012) or what. Lots of local thugs hanging around in the lobby, the elevator section on my floor and running back and forth down the halls. Seemed like just anyone was allowed to roam free in the hotel. Hotel employees (housekeeping, I do believe) joined in the noise level just outside of my door and near the elevator. I usually like Hilton Garden Inn hotels when I travel, but this one just did not meet with the level of others I have used. Sorry to disagree with many other reviews on here, but I will not be staying here in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Wow, I am personally embarrassed with the service you recieved... We're as aggressive as possible in ensuring every guest has an extrordianry stay with us and its obvious we completely dropped the ball with you... Please call the hotel at your earlier convenience so we may speak and I can make it up to you.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed the weekend of Father's Day because of a funeral and the staff were so attentative and supportive. One of the managers left us a sympathy card addressed to our family. That spoke volumes to us. The hotel is really nice...location was great and beds were super comfortable. Our stay turned out to be very pleasant under the circumstance...the little things mean so much.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your response and I'm glad the team made your stay enjoyable.Please contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

If I stay in duncanville, this is my preferred hotel. They staff are great

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your great response .... I'm glad you enjoyed your sdtay at our property... If I can be of further assistance feel free to contact me... I truly appreciate your business.