“No longer the Cretia's we remember....”
Review of Cretia's Flour and Flowers - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cretia's Flour and Flowers
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We had lunch at Cretia's on Aug. 17, 2011. We arrived at 12:37. It took a while for them to seat us even though several tables were empty. This was unusual for them. It then took another long while to be served our drinks and have our order taken. My hot tea was already cold by the time our food got there--it took far longer than usual. We had to get our own paper towels for our napkins and the silverware was given to us to the waitress without benefit of a napkin wrapping, etc. My cup of hot tea consisted of one tea bag in cup of water with no little pot of hot water to go with it. (The "pot of tea" was above $5 and I could not bear to pay that since I can easily make tea at home.) The cup was $2.50 alone! There were crumbs in the decorative crevices of the table, gouges and chips of paint missing from the wall next to the table and, frankly, very dirty chair legs and torn cushions on three of the chairs. While the food was still very good and our waitress was polite and helpful, the ambience is now so very negative that we have no attention of going back at this point. (We had driven out from Mesquite specifically to go there.) It appeared that they were understaffed and, therefore, disorganized. I would urge them (kindly) to take the time to clean more deeply and to buy a can of paint and at least dab the gouged places on the wall. Frankly, I was very surprised by its condition this time. While everyone there was kind and hospitable, it was not yielding the kind of dining/tea experience one would hope to have--and I say this with great regret based on my earlier, happier experiences at this tea room.

2  Thank JoJeannine

Reviewed December 26, 2009

Most of us know Cretia's for their outstanding cakes and pies, but their tearoom restaurant has the best Spinach salad and oriental salad I've ever eaten! Try the bakery for their cakes and cookies (and i did say pies, right?) but be sure to have lunch their just once. You'll be hooked for life! Tina is awesome...!!!