“No more "bottomless" bowls”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Genghis Grill

Ranked #27 of 69 Restaurants in Duncanville
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Dallas
“No more "bottomless" bowls”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've always enjoyed eating at Genghis Grill locations, this one a little less than others because the location is very small and it can get crowded. On my most recent visit, the food was as tasty as ever, but I learned that they no longer offer the option for a "bottomless" bowl for one price. Because you are given a bowl to fill with your own ingredients before they are cooked, this means that everyone in the line is piling as much food as possible into the small bowls they provide, and it can make a mess as veggies topple onto the floor. I also enjoyed having the unlimited option so that, when desired, I could create two smaller separate bowls with different foods that wouldn't pair well together. Now the bowls come in small, medium and large. I had a medium bowl and my spouse had the large, but I honestly couldn't tell the difference in the amount of food other than the bowl size being bigger. The bowl that you fill with uncooked ingredients remains the same size no matter which option you choose. I wish they would bring this option back as a fourth choice for those who want it.

• Visited August 2014
5 Thank reebster

Cedar Hill, Texas
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

The concept of selecting everything from the seasoning, to the veggies, sauce & protein was amazing. We went with my nephew that just can't get enough of this place. He kept telling us to pile the food in the bowl they provide us with. I guess the regulars do this to get their moneys worth. Honestly, I felt it was pricey compared to other places that serve similar food. When we selected from all of our options & tried to get as much as we could on the bowl. It still did not fill the bowl provided after being cooked. Yet my nephews who is a regular had his bowl filled just right. Allowing him to eat 1/2 now & the rest for dinner. I found it amusing seeing who were the regulars & the newbies. All the newbies had less food than the regulars by far. Overall the experience was fun & my daughter loved it. We will definitely be going again.

• Visited May 2014