“Don stay here Saturday night”

Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Duncanville
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I am a platinum members that travels a lot and stays at many different Holidays Inn. I never write reviews becuase my experience with Holiday Inn is always excellent , except this stay. I checked into my room at 3am and requested a late check out which is 2pm for priorty members. Around 9 am ( 6 hours after I checked in) I was woken up by loud music. I come to find out that the adjacent wall to my room is a conference room that is rented to a church on Sunday morning. The church has loud speakers and I was not able to go back to sleep. I contacted the manager the following week and asked why I was not warned? He was very indifferent to my complaint. I suggested people be warned that Sunday there is loud music. He disagreed with me. I could not believe the way I was treated by the manager. The manager acted like I was taking up his valuable time, he did not care about discussing my problem, he rather had me go complain to Holiday Inn.This is not a typical way Holiday Inn handles complaints. I called the Priorty Deparment and money is being refunded. I would not recommend you stay on a Saturday night on the first 2 floors unless you are going to wake up by 8am, becuase the music will wake you up.
Reason for Visit:Pleasure

Room Tip: Be careful Sunday morning of the loud music
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Brett S,

Thank you for being a Platinum member and leaving a feedback. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our property. I hope you can believe me when I say that your experience is not the norm in our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the poor experience and service issues you had during your stay. Our team pays special to our Platinum members and deeply regret that we were not able to provide you with the highest level of service our elite members deserve.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your patronage and support to the hotel are very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dhan M

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked this hotel through Hotwire.com so we weren't sure what hotel we would get until we paid. For $84 tax and all this hotel was very good for the price. The breakfast was average, the bed pretty comfortable and it was very clean. Nothing to write home about, but no complaints either. As to be expected for a Holiday Inn Express. I expected superb cinnamon rolls after reading other reviews, but they could have been much better. One thing that was very well appreciated was free late checkout (2:00). My husband and I really appreciated that and we enjoyed the whirlpool!

• Stayed: June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear HisBabyJohnson,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Fist off, let me preface this brief review with the holte, Holiday Inn Express in Duncanville Texas is very clean and the associates are very friendly. The bed however, was the most unfortable bed that I have ever been in (i would have said slept in however, i didn't get any sleep). Secondly, don't beleive the promise. Every Holiday Inn has one of those plastic signs in the bathroom "Hospitality Promise" "Forget Something", if you have ever stayed at a Holiday Inn property, I am sure you have seen them. For the first time, I ad forgotten my toothbrush. No worry, they have the hospitality promise..... Not this hotel. Unfortunately the only item the front desk person had in her drawer was toothpaste... Plus, the spa / pool closed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear David I,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of our property and found the staff to be very friendly. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the uncomfortable bed. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have yet to stay in a bad Holiday in Suites. My family stayed in the HI in De Soto in 2010 and had a great stay. For this hotel, we got the mini-suite like we did in De Soto. There were four of us, so the mini-suite was a requirement. The price ended up being lower than the best price I could find online -- another reason to be pleased. The breakfast is included and has a good variety of items, for the meat eater to the meat avoiders. The lobby area is really nice and great for meeting with other guests. The rooms were very nice.

The only problem I had was location. This hotel is right on Hwy 67 and it almost seems like there's more traffic there on a major highway. The sound-proofing is okay, but it could be better. GET A ROOM ON THE BACKSIDE IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!!! One side note. For some reason, they pipe music to speakers on the front side of the building. I'm not sure why since there's already enough "music" from the car and truck noise on the highway. My room was above the lobby and had to tell them to turn it down. They were really nice and just turned it off.

Also, everything is on the service roads along the highway and the service roads are one way. So, let's say you want to go to the Jack In The Box that's a few building up from the hotel. You drive to it, but to get back to the hotel, you have to keep driving up to the next traffic light, cross Hwy 67, drive back to the next traffic light, cross again, then up to the hotel. A bit of an inconvenience to have to make this loop, but it is what it is. I will agree with the other writers that there are a lot stores and restaurants in the area, so you don't have to go far. You just have to deal with Hwy 67 and the service roads. Overall, it was a good experience.

Room Tip: - Get a room on the backside of the hotel. Higher floors are probably better too, but I could not c...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gadget665
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Hotel is close to fast food and great restaurants. We stayed 2 nights and had a very restful sleep. Beds are comfortable. Good price.

Cons: Hot tub didn't work, lukewarm at best. Breakfast was only so so. Hot foods were of poor quality but bagels was good. Their apple juice and orange juice were also not up to par.

Room Tip: entrance to hot tub requires a secondary key card that must be obtained at front desk. It isn't...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here for over a week and only have one small complaint- no ashtray in the smoking room. But even that was accomodated for!!! Non-smokers fear not, this place does not smell, and these rooms will probably be phasing out. I had doubts from reading prior posts, and was slightly paanoid, but this was unjust. I felt perfectly safe, and saw no signs of anyone complaining of vehicle break-ins,etc. I was greeted warmly and check in was a breeze. A relitively small foyer, but the breakfast area makes up for it. The room was standard HIE quality, better than some in this chain, better than majority of other chains in this price point. All staff members were friendly, stopping to chat, give directions (and short cuts!), recommend restaurants, etc. Such a plus over the standard shoulder shrug! This hotel sits right off the freeway, but noise was never an issue. The breakfast bar had the required cinnamon rolls, hot, gooey,tender....yum! There was also make your own waffles, sausage and bacon, eggs, breads, juices and milk with hot and cold cereal, and oh did I mention the cinnamon rolls? A great stay overall, if I made my own reservations I would definitely stay here when working in this area!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I just recently stayed at the Express in Duncanville, and the staff was very professional. I have stayed here before and I loved it even more this time. They have just completed a beautiful renovation of new furniture, carpet. It is so fresh and new.... If you have ever stayed at a holiday inn, i promise these are the biggest rooms i have ever seen in a hotel. Now they are so small, but not this property..
I wish i had pictures I could load to show you. I stay here to see my family so that they can visit their grandkids and they always have fun in the indoor spa or pool. The breakfast is very good and I always feel safe. You should try it, they have a great staff and comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk if they have any upgrades available, that is all i did and we got a two room...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncanville
Best Western Plus Duncanville Dallas
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cedar Hill
TownePlace Suites Dallas DeSoto
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville? Share your experiences!