“Just okay...”

Cuisines: American
Dallas, Texas
“Just okay...”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We ate here as a group on a business trip. The service was pretty slow, but they were very friendly. I wasn't going to get a salad until it took so long for the food to come, I finally decided to get a salad, and of course soon as I get to the table my food is there.

I am not a big salad person, but they seemed to have a decent variety of things. I did like the soups at the end, and they had banana pudding.

I had ordered the same meal as another person, and they came out and said that they only had enough okra for 1 plate. (It was after 9pm, so that's not unusual). The other lady said she would take baked potato, so I kept the okra. When the orders came, they had messed up and given me her rare steak, instead of my medium well .... I had to send it back to be cooked longer. That gave me time to eat my salad!

The fried okra was VERY GOOD. I could have gotten by with just eating a big plate of okra I think. The steak was good, still wasn't cooked as much as I would like it, but I just dumped a lot of A1 on it, and ate it, because everyone else was finishing their meals and I had barely even started mine!

It was a convenient place to eat, and I may go back if I am ever in the area, but I would order something different, and get the salad right away because they aren't speedy in their food delivery.

• Visited June 2014

Fort Davis, Texas
“Terrible ”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The worst service and food we have had in a long time Sat at table for 30 minutes waiting for anyone to come by and take drink order. Finally got food after an hour and it was cold.

1 Thank Janet A
Venice, Florida
“Nothing to write home about...”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Salad bar missing things- dinner more like fast food - no real bartender and so drinks were a bit off and long to get (our salads were done) - staff friendly enough.

Sunray, Texas, USA
“Fast service!! Great salad bar!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I cannot go here without having the salad bar. The beef stew is delightful, the chicken fried steak is heaven. I like the atmosphere and the lighting, the restrooms, and the fun wait staff. Great place!!!

• Visited September 2013
Dumas, Texas
“great steak place”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is one of our favorite places to dine out on the weekends they have an awesome salad bar that has a good choice of items on it steaks are always good i get the superburger 8oz and hard to beat they have great chicken items also definetly a much nicer place to dine since it went totally no-smoking last year you will get fast service and good old hometown friendly treatment from evrryone in the restaurant dumas is a friendly town so dont be surorised if someone strikes up a friendly conservation with you that is just the way we are glad to have you here to visit and dine wuth us

• Visited December 2012