“Great place to stay with Pets”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dumas
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Dumas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2012

New Hotel, plenty of parking for trucks,etc in front. Arrived after a 12hr drive, with a 20 ft trailer full of ATV's. Called the before we booked and staff was very helpful, anwsering all our questions. Parking was well lite and secure.
Bed was very comfortable! Very clean new and modern room. Just didn't care for their coffee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Queenu
Goreville, Illinois
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The rooms are very clean and well kept. The staff is very helpfull with all needs & very quick to respond to any needs. The Management is one of the best I have ever had dealings with. I travel all over the world and this is one of the best if not the best that I stay at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Alan K
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The La Qunita in Dumas TX is a new property with indoor entry. There is limited access to the inside and then you can go to you room door. The building is nice, clean and spacious making for a great stay. the cost is higher than normal for me but with the range for this type of property. While I did enjoy the hotel, the town is small with limited activities. There seems to be only 1 place to eat that everyone agrees one. I will review that as well. For me I will probably stay in Amarillo and drive up due to cost and limits on choices, but this hotel is very nice.

Room Tip: limited choices in town and inside rooms so be prepared to walk to the door form the car
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank william o
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Before I arrived at my destination after leaving this LaQuinta, I realized I had left a light jacket in the breakfast room. I called and asked if they might send it to me. Diana knew about the blouse/jacket and said she would send it ASAP, and she did. I arrived home Wed. evening. The blouse arrived on Sat.
Thank you, so much, Diana.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Weirsdale, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have stayed at the Dumas, TX La Quinta 4 times over the past 2 years. Each time the rooms were spacious and clean. August 2012, Misty at the front desk for check-in was very friendly and helpful. We only ate breakfast twice, but each time it was good. Biscuits and gravy, along with the normal type fare. The problem with our 2 stays in August 2012, was that the key card scanners for both back doors of the hotel were not working, so we were told there was a brick by each door that we could use to block the door from locking, so we could take our dogs out. Problem was many guests did not remove the brick when they came back into the building, Also the potential for being locked out of the back, though not a total disaster because you could always walk around the building and enter the lobby again. Still, not the security you expect for a $100 room. This kept me from rating the property "very good"

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family