“Quiet hotel after a long drive”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dumas
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Dumas
Alexandria, Virginia
“Quiet hotel after a long drive”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for the night after a long drive from Colorado. Check-in was easy and the front desk was friendly. I will say that the pool and hot tub are under construction right now but we were offered use of the pool and hot tub at the next-door hotel. We had a king-sized room which was nice and comfortable. We got an excellent night of sleep on the bed and enjoyed a quick breakfast before we hit the road.

My only complaint is that our room only had one small trash can. This became an issue because we had got some takeout and I had no where to dispose of our trash. If there was just one more in the room, I would have been happier.

This was a good night of sleep so I was happy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM Diana B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dumas, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.We truely appreciate all your feedback .We will look foward to seeing you again soon and enjoy our new indoor heated pool design.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Holt, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Was traveling with my entire family, and it was getting late. After a quick search did not turn out favorable hotel deals on the east side of Amarillo, we continued up Hwy 287, and stopped in Dumas. The Holiday Inn Express had a good rate, and the building is obviously new and fresh. I like Holiday Inn Express hotels, because you generally know what you are going to get, and this was no exception. Hotel was clean, staff was more than hospitable, and the room was spacious. It was a very quiet, comfortable night's sleep, and breakfast was good. It was well worth staying the night, rather than pushing a few more hours home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GM Diana B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dumas, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about your stay with us in Dumas.We value you your loyalty to our brand and hotels.We are pleased that our location was suitable for your needs and you found your room clean and comfortable.We strive to provide facilites to make your stay memorable and we are glad you were able to experience it.

We hope to see you again soon.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very nice spacious room with flat screen TV. Very comfortable beds. We were exhausted from a long day of travel and we turned in early, after an ok meal down the street. I don't know much about Dumas, otherwise, but it's a hotel I would stay in again, if I were in that part of Texas. A/C worked very well, which was fortunate, as it was in the high 90's when we arrived. The free breakfast was very good, and I filled up on protein for our long drive to CO. All in all, nice hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GM Diana B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dumas, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We strive to make every stay special as we know that there are many options for lodging these days. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again, should you return to the Dumas area.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I Stayed At This Location A Couple Of Years Ago And The Facility And Service Is Just As I Remembered Them. One Might Not Expect A Farming Town On The Open Plains Like Dumas To Have Such A Nice Hotel There. My Room Was Spacious And Clean. My Bed Was Very Comfortable And Relaxing. The Bathroom Was Very Roomy And Clean. My Room Was Well Equipped With A Good Functioning Microwave, Fridge, Lighting, Table, Chairs, Lounge Chair, And Alarm Clock. My Breakfast Was Very Good And Filling (Good Variety Of Items). The Common Areas Were Very Clean And Inviting. The Computer Room For Guest Had Two Very Well Functioning Computer Terminals And The Internet Connection Really Was Both High Speed And For Free Usage For Guests. The Staff Here Were Very Nice, Polite, And Professional. To Me, The Price Of Rooms Was Reasonable And I Would Definitely Come Back Here Again When I Return To This Area Next Year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Eugene R
GM Diana B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dumas, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
We appreciate your loyalty and your feedback.We truly value your wonderful comments.We look foward to seeing you soon!
Fort Worth
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We never expected such a nice hotel in such a tiny little Panhandle town like Dumas. Although the wind was blowing the sand in from the deser when we arrivedt, we were greeted warmly, given a bottle of cold water and a bag of goodies and sent to a lovely room. I thought the hotel was brand new, but they said it was about 3 years old. They had a happy hour for guests in the breakfast room with soft drinks and nachos. In the room was a good TV with cable a microwave and fridge, and all the trimmings of a comfortable hotel. The beds were very nice, comfortable. The usual good Express breakfast with the wonderful sweet rolls(one of the reasons I go there). If I ever end up in Dumas again this is a place I'd like to spend several nights just relaxing.

Room Tip: Did not use pool or fitness center
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank MLJFortWorth
GM Diana B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dumas, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in Dumas,Tx.Such great comments keep us motivated and working in the interest of our guest!We hope to see you again soon!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now and it is always pleasant. The hotel itself is one of the newer ones with modern furniture, flat screen TVs, etc. Each room has a mini fridge (with freezer) and a microwave.

There was a manager's reception on Monday and Tuesday night with snacks and beverages. The breakfast was standard for a HIE. The staff were very nice and helpful.

While I certainly can't knock the workout room, the equipment was fairly new and worked well. It sure would be nice to have a rack of dumbbells and a bench or two. As of now, the workout room includes two treadmills, an elliptical trainer, a seated bike and a bench for doing situps. I have heard that you can go to the local YMCA and they will let you in for free with your room key, but I have yet to try that.

There is a Walmart across the street that you could walk to if you had to. Also, there are a few restaurants down the street that are pretty good.

Probably my favorite thing about this hotel is the view of the field/farmland behind the hotel. Where I live, it is more like a forest, so it is pretty neat to look out and be able to see for miles and miles and watch the sun go down. This may not be special to folks who live in an area like that, but to me it is nice...

My only complaint was that the air conditioning filter may have needed to be changed in my room. I woke up every morning with my nose a little stuffed up. There are no smoking rooms in this hotel, so please get a first floor room if you are a smoker. I would certainly recommend this hotel to others and hope to return soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Trent M
Thank you so much for the kind words about our property and staff.We are very proud of our hotel and the sevices we continue to provide for such wonderful guest.
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

The service here was very pleasant. Most of the property is in pretty good shape, but the rooms are kind of dark and dingy! They are large, and it feels like they took out some furniture you could use. Certainly better than what Dumas has had in the past, but I might try to go on to another in this chain down the road next time. We had reservations at same chain in Colorado that was 15.00/night cheaper and MUCH better.

• Stayed August 2013
We appreciate your stay with us,as well as,compliments and look foward to showing you the improvements next time you are in Dumas,Tx