“Very clean, Great and timely service.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Dumas
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This was a pleasant check in, stay, and room. The service was quick and very friendly. Sandy helped sign me up for reward points and handled it quickly and was very informative.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank JoshLu2

Reviewed September 24, 2011

After travelling over 1000 miles to visit aging/ill relatives, we found ourselves checking in at the Comfort Inn, in Dumas, Texas late on a Friday night. Eli, the evening manager on duty, was a smiling face, savvy hotelier and accomdated us fairly while keeping her eye on the bottom line of business. She is a roll up her sleeves type of gal, and we look forward to staying here again. The continental breakfast was generous, the property immaculate, staff efficient and in the background, and the decor was updated and pristine. It was like being a guest in a private residence.

We were also impressed at the amount of handicapped accessible guest rooms on the ground floor near the guest reception. The property is well thought out and seemingly accessible, exempting the pool, which has not yet been modfied.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The check in personnel was very friendly and helpful, many +'s for Sandy.
However, I choose Comfort Inn so I could swim. However, the swimming pool is not for the handicap. There is no hand rail to use at the steps at the shallow end of the pool, so I was unable to swim. The room is very nice and can adjust the temperature as need heat today which really feels great as it's in the 50's, beats the 100's we have had in Austin.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2011

this hotel was one of the worst hotels ive ever been to. My room smelled like something had died and the sheets were very dirty. I was disgusted. The breakfast was horrid and rotten the batter they gave me for waffles was old. the employees are also very rude.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2011

After we worked all night long we got back to the Comfort Inn about 6am, there were no do not disturb signs on the door knob so I called the front desk and asked her about the do not disturb signs and explained to her that we, four of us had been working all night and we would need at least 8 to 10 hours of rest. The front desk clerk said she would have do not disturb signs placed on our door knobs, which was done. The rooms were reserved for 2 nights. Even with these do not disturb signs on our doors the cleaning staff I assume were in the hallways laughing and making noise outside our doors. Then at 11am which is check out time all of us received phone calls waking us up wanting to know when we were going to leave, I received a call from someone who said he was the mananger asking when I was leaving and I told him that I was trying to get some sleep and that the rooms are paid for so I'll leave when I get some sleep. Another call came in from the front desk advising me that their cleaning staff leaves at 2pm and again asking when I was leaving, I told her when I can get some sleep. By this time all four of us are too pissed off to get back to sleep and end up leaving as soon as we could. I suspect the Comfort Inn double booked our rooms but don't know this for sure We will never stay here again, the front desk clerk I spoke to about the do not disturb signs early that morning was very understanding but the rest of the staff and especially the man who said he was the mananger were all rude and inconsiderate, so if you stay here on business and work odd hours go some place else!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: advise the front desk that you work odd hours
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank buddy093
Reviewed March 30, 2011

This Comfort Inn was very warm and welcoming. We stayed here on Spring Break and my kids loved the indoor pool and spa. The lady at the front was very helpful and took care of us. I believe her name was Angelica. Management really needs to keep her she was great! The rooms and facility were one of the cleanest I've seen. I know first hand how hard it is to find very clean rooms, but I felt comfortable in the rooms. The breakfast was great and I reccommend to everyone with kids this is the stop in Dumas!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2010

This was our first time traveling through Dumas and we were looking preferably for a hotel with an indoor pool. We stopped by one with an outdoor pool a block away, but the hotel smelled bad and there were too many construction workers drinking in the parking lot. The Comfort Inn catered to our needs as we enjoyed the warm hot tub and pool. The rooms were spotless and the breakfast offered a great variety of items.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family