“Wonderful Location for Anniversary”
Review of Mt Gainor Inn

Mt Gainor Inn
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

What a great time we had at the Mt. Gainer Inn! My wife and I celebrated our 24th anniversary. Very quiet area, beautiful scenery, lovely room, wonderful hosts and tasty food! Jerry and Laurie were very friendly and made us feel like family! Jerry is very witty and Laurie cooks up some fabulous grub! Thanks again for helping us celebrate a delightful anniversary.

Stayed: December 2013
There are newer reviews for Mt Gainor Inn

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Mt. Gainor Inn. We stayed in the La Posada suite, which was lovely (& quite large). We took advantage of both the hot tub and the hammocks to relax. We really loved the location, as it was so quiet and peaceful. The owners were great hosts and very friendly. We sat on the back patio with them one evening, just visiting and having a drink. Breakfast was delicious both days, as was the enchilada dinner we had one evening. We will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Hill Country.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at Mt. Gainor Inn in early October 2013 and I hope my review accurately conveys how nice of a B&B this really is. We stayed in the Garden Room and it was very nicely decorated and very clean. It made us feel like we had traveled back in time to Texas 100 years earlier. Adjacent to the room was a parlor with a comfortable sofa, very comfortable period chairs and paintings and photos that beautifully matched. We sat relaxing and were soon welcomed by Jerry, one of the owners. He gave us a nice tour and all the information we would need for a stay. They have a lovely hot tub for use by the guests and the view outside was awesome. We had ordered dinner and ate outside. Laurie is an unbelievably good cook and the pecan encrusted trout I had was the best I've ever had. By far the best part of this B&B are the owners, Laurie and Jerry. We spent hours talking to them that evening and the next morning. They are a very happy couple that truly love what they are doing and it really shows. We left knowing that we would come back again and again. The breakfast next day was to die for, everything was fresh, perfectly cooked and delicious. Jerry has a special coffee that he grinds and personally pours. It was so smooth I had six cups. This inn is a real gem in the Texas hills and I highly recommend it. We've rated it the best B&B we've ever stayed at.

Room Tip: I personally toured all the rooms and they are all very nice. See the descriptions on their website...
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a bed and breakfast in the hill country west of Austin, TX. to spend a few nights and celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Although we wanted a place that was convenient to some of the area tourist attractions, we wanted to stay in a place off the beaten path, and one where we could relax after days spent sightseeing. This inn turned out to be everything we had hoped for, and more. The rooms were large, yet cozy. The innkeepers were so friendly and truly wanted to know what they could do to make our stay wonderful. The breakfasts were awesome, and our hostess (also the cook) was willing to share her cooking tips and expertise. I spent alot of time relaxing and sleeping in the hammocks that were tucked in underneath an arbor next to the inn. This bed and breakfast was probably the best thing about our vacation, and that says alot since the whole vacation was wonderful. Stay at this inn, and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Stayed in one of the newer rooms, the Veranda, and the view of the sunsets from the veranda of this...
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our experience at Mt. Gainor Inn was the best of any B&B we have visited. We stayed in the Hideaway room. The room was lovely and very clean. Jerry and Laurie were exceptional hosts. Breakfast was delicious and the Jerry even refilled my husbands coffee mug for him multiple times! We have been to lots of B&Bs with store bought or no breakfast at all. Not the case here --- it was all homemade! The location was far out but it was perfect in the proximity to Camp Lucy where we attended a wedding.

Laurie was very helpful in giving us ideas of where to go and what to explore and drew out a map for us with directions. When we arrived later on Friday evening, we were warmly greeted and Jerry even called in reservations for us at a Creek Road Cafe. It was EXCELLENT! We were even pleasantly surprised when the waiter brought over a dessert with a birthday candle. We had not even mentioned to them that it was my birthday or that it was the purpose of our trip. We were over the top impressed with the service and thoughtfulness! Would highly recommend the Inn to anyone that is planning to visit the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I wanted to go on a tour of the wine country and didn't want to stay in a typical hotel. We found this place online and were not disappointed. The Garden room was exactly what we hoped for. Romantic, clean and relaxing. I ended up proposing to her and we couldn't have imagined a more romantic place. The owners worked with me personally to setup a few surprises for my new fiance when we returned from our wine trip. These hosts are outstanding and will bend over backwards for you. Their breakfasts are wonderful! I can't say enough good things about this location.

We will definitely return!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Clean, spacious rooms with decks. Very quiet, you can watch deer in the fields and hear the hummingbirds feed. Good breakfast with attentive service. Hot tub and hammocks available. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Camp Lucy
Camp Lucy
#2 of 5 in Dripping Springs
BellaVida Bed and Breakfast Retreat Center

Been to Mt Gainor Inn? Share your experiences!