“One of the best experiences we have had!”
Review of Mt Gainor Inn

Mt Gainor Inn
Brenham, Texas, United States
“One of the best experiences we have had!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our experience at Mt. Gainor Inn was the best of any B&B we have visited. We stayed in the Hideaway room. The room was lovely and very clean. Jerry and Laurie were exceptional hosts. Breakfast was delicious and the Jerry even refilled my husbands coffee mug for him multiple times! We have been to lots of B&Bs with store bought or no breakfast at all. Not the case here --- it was all homemade! The location was far out but it was perfect in the proximity to Camp Lucy where we attended a wedding.

Laurie was very helpful in giving us ideas of where to go and what to explore and drew out a map for us with directions. When we arrived later on Friday evening, we were warmly greeted and Jerry even called in reservations for us at a Creek Road Cafe. It was EXCELLENT! We were even pleasantly surprised when the waiter brought over a dessert with a birthday candle. We had not even mentioned to them that it was my birthday or that it was the purpose of our trip. We were over the top impressed with the service and thoughtfulness! Would highly recommend the Inn to anyone that is planning to visit the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I wanted to go on a tour of the wine country and didn't want to stay in a typical hotel. We found this place online and were not disappointed. The Garden room was exactly what we hoped for. Romantic, clean and relaxing. I ended up proposing to her and we couldn't have imagined a more romantic place. The owners worked with me personally to setup a few surprises for my new fiance when we returned from our wine trip. These hosts are outstanding and will bend over backwards for you. Their breakfasts are wonderful! I can't say enough good things about this location.

We will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Clean, spacious rooms with decks. Very quiet, you can watch deer in the fields and hear the hummingbirds feed. Good breakfast with attentive service. Hot tub and hammocks available. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Veranda room for 3 nights this past weekend. The room is perfect. The bed was so comfortable; neither of us have ever slept as well away from home. The balcony was a perfect place to watch the stars. The bathroom was very nice, a jetted tub for two! And breakfast each morning was something different each time but all of them were absolutely delicious! I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I visited for our anniversary. We had one problem after another here - room not clean, room not finished (plywood on the front of the jacuzzi, which also happened to have hair in it), A/C not working properly, mistake with the reservation, and many other issues...however, after writing back and forth with the owners, we did eventually receive a refund on our room when I asked, which I am thankful for. The owners did seem like nice people, and we enjoyed talking with them. The surroundings are quiet and peaceful. The rooms are nicely decorated. If you are looking for a decent place to stay, this would work. However, our room was $179 per night, and I certainly wouldn't pay that for the level of service and state of the room we were given. Plus, there are no nice restaurants in the area, and all attractions are at least 20 minutes away. My husband and I drove 6 hours to stay here, expecting a perfect weekend getaway for our anniversary, and we were very disappointed. We left after one day. I know this is a home business, and I wish I could recommend it, but I just cannot.

If you are wanting the full B&B treatment, a romantic getaway, gourmet breakfast, attention to detail...I would recommend going to Wimberley instead and staying at the Creekhaven Inn. We stayed there for our engagement weekend, and it was incredible! Top-notch service, great rooms, nice restaurants in the area, and things to do in close proximity. Everything you would expect from a B&B.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Roadtime, Owner at Mt Gainor Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
You had received a confirmation for your stay and your room was available and ready for occupancy. We took you to your accommodation and ask if you would like to see the other rooms before the other guests arrived. Afterwards, you ask if you could move your reservation to another room that was closed for painting and finishing of construction. It was very obvious it was not finished. There were no issues with the room originally reserved, however, you preferred the unfinished larger more expensive room which had not been inspected for occupancy. The A/C was inspected after you left by our A/C repair and they said nothing was wrong with the unit. We have continued to have no problems and I have continued to ask guest about any problems and none have arisen. Your lack of dissatisfaction was expressed and we refunded ½ of your stay that morning. It is clearly stated on our web site that we are a rural property. We offer a retreat for those who want to get away from the tourists and traffic, truly relax in peace and quiet, and enjoy the stars.
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Laurie and Jerry were awesome hosts at their B&B. We had a nice relaxing weekend there and it was more than we expected. Friendly, clean, beautiful appointed rooms, and peaceful.
Great food also. Would recommend it to couples looking to get away or just a stress free
weekend.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique, none are the same. Most have large jacuzzi bathtubs but some don't. All r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 days at Mt. Gainor Inn celebrating our anniversary and it was beautiful and unforgettable. I choose this B&B because we had never stayed in one and I wanted something more memorable than staying at a chain hotel. I hit the jackpot! This place is
secluded enough where you can hear your own thoughts and relax. The innkeepers are warm and inviting and more importantly, genuine. Each room has its private deck where you can sit out and have a drink and just talk without interruptions. I loved the hammocks and gazing at the stars. I completely recommend this place. If I'm ever in the area, I would definitely stay here again. No need to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hideaway, which is modern but still has the farmhouse charm
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Camp Lucy
Camp Lucy
#2 of 5 in Dripping Springs
BellaVida Bed and Breakfast Retreat Center

Been to Mt Gainor Inn? Share your experiences!