“Unexpected gem!”

131 Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: At Cafe 131, we're all about FRESH and LOCAL. We use local producers wherever possible -- many from right here in Dripping Springs. Our food reflects our quaint Texas farmhouse-style building and whatever's fresh and in-season!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This unassuming little restaurant in Dripping Springs really exceeds expectations. The servers are pleasant and attentive. The kitchen readily accommodates food sensitivities and special requests.
The dining room can be a little loud when they're busy. Al fresco seating on the porch is a nice option.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have eaten here many times. We used to really enjoy the meals. Here lately it has really gotten bland and the meals seem to be really small. I do not see as many locals in here as well which tells me they might be thinking the same thing. For the price it needs to not only be fresh but good tasting too...

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We visited while on vacation in Dripping Springs. Nice simple cafe decor in an old Texas home. The service was friendly and efficient although we had to ask for silver after the appetizers and our bottle of wine was delivered to the table open without even the basic wine service. We had a local Chardonnay from Bell Springs Winery. It was served very cold which was refreshing but the taste was much better as it came down to the correct temp. The appetizers were great we had the charred green beans and Burrato (fresh mozzarella stuffed with cream) with pesto and tomatoes. The food overall was good and presented well but my wife was missing the walnuts on her salad and after the meal I realized I was missing the sauce for my chicken schnitzel (I still enjoyed it). The owner stopped by the table and was a very pleasant hostess. Overall I would return to continue to explore the unique and delicious menu.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This reminds me of a farm to table experience with them using the local farmers. Excellent salads and sandwiches! A gourmet treat on a hot day!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I ordered the Sunday Pot Roast and it was the best pot roast I've ever eaten. It was very tender and juicy! The potatoes and carrots were so soft and flavorful! The service was great and the wait staff was very friendly and attentive! Even the owner came over to say hello to us and was very nice! I would definitely recommend this wonderful restaurant to all of my friends!