“Great stay!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We live in the area but had the pleasure of staying here for three nights while work was being done on our house. The beds in our room was very comfortable and very clean. The breakfast was more than we expected - scrambled, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, bagels, muffins, Belgian waffles, cereal, fruits, yogurts, soy milk, ... And more. Truly impressed with the breakfast choices offered. We went to the pool one night, and while not large, was enough to entertainment my 11 year old. We had no issues with the free wifi on the first two nights. The last night the hotel was almost completely booked and the wifi became a bit glitchy. Originally we booked only for one night, but contracting delay we were forced to stayed two extra nights. Because of the delay, we stayed in the regular two queen bed room and then had to switch to the two queen accessibility bedroom. Both were very nice/clean and the latter much bigger. Michael at the morning front desk was friendly and extremely helpful. If requesting rooms, I would request top floor away from highway 290. You get the usual traffic noise for a hotel by a highway but this wanes at night. Several good restaurants nearby - Flores Mexican restaurant (almost walking distance without children ... It is a highway) and a short drive in the other direction heading to Austin is Trudy's four star restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MycornerofTexas
David F, Director of Hotels at Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

I am so glad we were able to meet your needs, and we will be here if i can help please call on me.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

My family and I stayed here for a wedding that was at memory lane. We felt it was clean and well ran. We didn't get to test out the pool or the supper, but was very happy with the breakfast. One morning they had an omelet station with fresh made to order omelets and all the fresh fruit of every kind. The air conditioner could be ran constantly, which I like so it doesn't kick on and off all night. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and comfortable. If we are ever back in dripping springs we will be staying there.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
David F, Director of Hotels at Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

On behalf of the entire staff we wanted to thank you for staying with us and we hope you can come back and stay again.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This place was cleaner and nicer than some 3 star hotels that I have stayed in. It's out and away from the hustle and bustle yet a short drive to restaurants and other things. What impressed me most was the breakfast bar each morning. It's rare that you see a lay out like they had there.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay , as our staff tries hard to please every guest. And we thank you for mentioning our great breakfast.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel had such outstanding reviews, I didn't see how it could be bad. Overall though, it was just average. A few things to note:

This hotel is within easy driving distance of MANY wedding venues. If you book this hotel during the summer, you will likely be sharing with multiple wedding parties on any given evening. The weekend I was there, I was part of a wedding party on Friday, there was another one in the hotel for Friday, and two different wedding parties arrived for weddings on Saturday. This is GREAT if you're part of those weddings, but should be known to any travelers during peak wedding season.

The hotel has a shuttle, but we had mixed experience with its service. We actually ended up having to walk home from the venue because the shuttle left without us. I understand that it was late (midnight), but if the hotel can't offer a shuttle back, don't offer it. Don't say you'll be there at midnight, then leave empty with wedding guests waving goodbye to the bride and groom. Walking back was acceptable, but a little scary so late at night.

Another thing about the wedding venues... they can and do jack up their prices for wedding weekends. They are fully within their rights to do so, but when I had a problem with my room and asked for assistance, I didn't appreciate being told "well you could always try to find another hotel" when they know there aren't any close enough to walk to the venue. It was unprofessional and several others had a similar experience. Just because you have a monopoly doesn't mean you can get away with bad service.

Other minor things:
The hotel room was small, but the bathrooms are HUGE. I mean really huge. The jacuzzi tub was a nice extra, especially given how much I paid for the room.

Do not disturb signs were ignored both days I was there. No sleeping in on this vacation!

The hotel was spotless. Since I've been ragging on them, I feel I should mention this as well. If you were looking for a hotel in Dripping Springs in the wedding off-season, I would not hesitate to recommend this one.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Catherine T

Thank you for staying with us as we take great pride in our service, and i am sorry we did not do enough to make your stay better , but we will keep trying harder and we hope you will give us another chance to prove to you we are better.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very satisfied with this hotel. Great afternoon and breakfast snacks/meals. I am a Platinum elite member at Marriott hotels, we stayed at Sleep Inn for convenience to the family. I was shocked by the quality and style of the rooms. But the most impressive is that about 20 - 30 min after my arrival a woman from the front desk called up to ask if I like the room and if I needed anything..... WOW checking to see if the room was good. I have never had a call from the front desk at any Marriott or Ritz Carlton. It’s the little touches that make a great customer experience. You have a great customer service business model. Please keep up the good work!! We have lots of choices in hotels, this makes me re-look at where I stay on my next business trip. Thank you!

Room Tip: There is a highway next to the hotel; I did not notice the car noise. My room faced the front parkin...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CRCollier
David F, Director Of Hotels at Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you first for staying with us and second for the great review that was shared with the entire staff. Please come back andsee us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I am finally getting around to reviewing vendors, etc. that we engaged for our wedding, including the hotels we used. Normally, I do not write reviews but, I wanted to share our experiences in the hopes of being some help to those in the midst of wedding planning and those who travel. The following is a description of our experience.

Our experience with the Sleep Inn in Dripping Springs was INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTING and all around HORRIBLE. My wedding involved a number of ceremonies during the day. However, our venue did not have space for the 12 people in my wedding party to change. As a result, we booked four rooms at the Sleep Inn to accommodate three people per room (though the rooms accommodate 4 per room) purely to allow everyone to change between ceremonies that day. The total amount of time we expected to be in the room was about an hour at most. When my family arrived at the hotel to change on the day of my wedding, a person, who identified themselves as the manager/owner (“Owner”), refused to allow my family to check in for a significant amount of time, demanding a rooming list before they checked in. My family was too exhausted to argue and offered to identify the names of the people who were going to be in each room so that the Owner could put it on the registration card, but he refused and insisted that they produce a rooming list. I do not know from where this Owner expected my family to produce a rooming list at the last minute at the time of check in on my wedding day, but he was insistent and my family found his tone to be very condescending and insulting. As a result of this delay, my parents, sister, and a few other of the most important people in my life missed an important ceremony. What saddened me even more, was the fact that my family, who have a pretty tough skin, felt that the behavior they experienced from the Owner was a reaction to our cultural background. I felt horrible that my family had such an experience, especially on such an important day. The treatment received from the Owner was also incredibly embarrassing for my family. We have traveled quite a bit for work and leisure and we have never experienced such treatment before. If I could give this business a negative rating, I absolutely would.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Texan F
David F, Director of Hotels at Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

I am sorry that your stay was not upto your expectations, we want every guest to have a great Stay and i know that Choice Hotels does as well. We do have policy and we do follow those as we should to insure that if there was a emergency we could account for each and every guest.
Again i am sorry you did not have a great experince.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We came suddenly to Dripping Springs to attend a family funeral. This hotel was wonderful. The suite was nice and large and included a couch and coffee table. There were newspapers in the lobby when we arrived, and in the morning both the Wall Street Journal and the Austin paper were under our door. The breakfast was outstanding. There must have been 10 or more different types of fresh fruit. It was amazing!! Plus yogurt and many hot items. We were quite impressed with the breakfast. Although we did not use the pool, it was very pretty and there was door from the pool to the outside with a small patio with tables and chairs. Would have been a fun place to spend time.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
David F, Director of Hotels at Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for staying with and allow us to serve you during this difficult time. We hope you can come back and stay with us again under better circumstances.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dripping Springs
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Dripping Springs - Austin Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - D...
#2 of 3 in Dripping Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Lakeway
13 mi away
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Holiday Inn Express Lakeway

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs? Share your experiences!