“Great Hotel away from the City”

Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed there this past weekend with the family. Off the beaten path from Austin, clean and quiet Hotel. The breakfast was wonderful, lots of variety including fruit, waffles, pastries, cereal, bacon, eggs, toast etc. all you can drink tea and coffee throughout the day and night. Pool was clean however I like to call out that although on the website it specifies heated pool it's not heated, the room is heated the pool is not. I also recommend driving a few more miles to Hamilton Pool Nature Reserve, well worth the park fee and we all were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed ourselves.

Room Tip: Pool is NOT heated only the pool room is if traveling in the winter months. One more thing if travel...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bedroc04
David F, Director Of Hotels at Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank You for your kind words of our hotel, the staff and Management loved serving you.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stopped at the Sleep Inn because I know how scarce cheap hotels are in south Austin. This place is outstanding. Fairly close to downtown Austin, without being in the hustle of the city. My room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was well stocked, and best of all for a tall person, had a spacious shower. When I turned out the lights, the room went pitch black. I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. It was awesome.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as a wedding party over the whole weekend. The accommodations were awesome. The complimentary breakfast was great, tons of fresh fruit and lots of options. The staff was incredibly helpful and polite. The rooms were spacious, the beds were some of the best I've ever slept on. The location was great, not to far from food, wedding venues, or Austin. Dripping is very pretty and this was a great place to see it from.

They provided transpiration to the wedding venue the night of the wedding.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had never stayed in a Sleep Inn before. I would definitely do it again. The property (rooms and common areas) were clean and well maintained. There was an outstanding breakfast buffet with mountains of fresh fruit, hot items, waffles, cereals, pastries, etc. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Hotel is on a main road (HWY 290) but noise was not an issue and it made it easy to get around the area.

Room Tip: We had a room with a king bed plus a fold out couch. Also had a roll away. It was a tight fit but o...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Weary and unable to find anywhere to stay in Dripping Springs, Sleep Inn was recommended to us by the staff in a local restaurant. A little out of town, but only actually 5 minutes' drive away, we were very pleasantly surprised. All the staff were lovely, the whole place was immaculate, spacious, tastefully furnished and very comfortable. The breakfast was superb - so much choice and all freshly cooked and tasty - in all, excellent value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband & I stayed a weekend for a friend's wedding. The staff was very pleasant & accommodating. When we checked in our room only had a shower. They were very nice and switched us to a room with a tub. We were very appreciative. However, upon check out, we were called by the manager, David Frelic, and notified that he was filing a police report on us for property damage!! Imagine our utter dismay because we were totally at a loss when he told us. We asked him for what & he said it was for damage to some lamp shades. He was a compete jerk on the phone to me. My husband and I turned around, & went back to see the damage of this ridiculous claim & speak to the manager. He had his front desk clerk, very nice girl, show us the shades. First of all, 99.9% of the people staying in any hotel would not have noticed the so-called "damage". One shade was slightly bent & the other had slits in the shade. We spoke to him in uis office & informed him that we did nothing of the such & weren't going to pay. Obviously someone that stayed before us had done the barely noticeable damage & it must have been overlooked before. He said again he was filing a report. My husband said that we will never stay here again & neither will anyone we know. I called the local police & they said it was a civil manner, so we hope nothing more comes of it. The manager told my husband, after he asked, that we would not be charged. But, now we have to contact our bank & make sure no charges are taken out of our account. It's sad that this kind of stuff happens. We are not people that do these kinds of things & really not people that post reviews but, we are so upset.

• Stayed: December 2012
9  Thank amdelgado
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed at Sleep Inn on a recent visit to Austin. Was not planning on staying that far out of the city, but hotels in Austin were booked due to the F1 race.
Glad I was able to stay here though. Check-in was easy and staff was very nice. Room was clean. Good breakfast complete with eggs, bacon, pastries, etc.
Good location. The hotel itself is somewhat isolated, but about 2 miles down the road you'll find a supermarket, some fast food restaurants, and a few stores and services.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Mountain Star Lodge and Hotel
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Holiday Inn Express Lakeway
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest at Mopac

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs? Share your experiences!