“Remarkable place”

Onion Creek Kitchens at Juniper Hills Farm
Reviewed December 25, 2012

A friend and I attended the Christmas dinner preparations this year.
What a feast it was. I prepared a couple of the recipes on my own since then.
The people you meet are very special. They must be to share making a meal with you!

Although I did not stay on the grounds, we did tour the area and cabins. We will certainly return and stay on the property next time.

1  Thank dp911

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here at least 5 or 6 times and i am never disappointed. I come here to get away from the noise, to reconnect with nature, and for a little pampering. Sibby has perfected the place with all of her special touches in the cabins and around the gorgeous property. When the hill country calls on me, this is the first place I look. Thank you, Sibby, for sharing this piece of heaven with the rest of us!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Our son was getting married at Creekside in Driftwood. We visited with Sibby several months before and found her place perfect for a rehearsal dinner. It would also be a perfect place for a working company retreat - wish I lived in Austin. There is a winding road through beautiful tree covered hills, past the friendly burros, to the thoughtfully designed kitchen and meeting space. I was captivated immediately by the eclectic decor, salvaged stained glass doors beckoned one into the event room. A chandelier made from antique silver spoons hung above. Three long natural oak tables were made from the wood saved from the time the road was built. Sibby was extremely easy to work with and so very flexible, she answered multiple questions always promptly. She sent us pages of sample menus and yet was thoughtful enough to incorporate any of our suggestions. She attended to every detail and many that I didn't even think of. For instance, I was able to drop off the wine before time and she had it perfectly chilled. Sibby also arranged to buy flowers and do table arrangements for our event. What a time saver for a busy out of town mother of the groom! The food was fabulous, worthy of any 5 star restaurant. We had Coq au Vin, buttermilk mashed potatoes, baby spinach salad with oranges, warm citrus dressing, and cranberry pecan crusted goat cheese, homemade petite rolls, and strawberry shortcake. I brought along coloring books for the kids and Sibby was fine with the varied ages attending our event, even made a macaroni dish to suit the tastes of the younger set. I did check out many choices for our rehearsal dinner and some of the prices suggested for a dinner for 40 people were way out of my price range. This venue was actually much nicer than I could have ever imaged, a private venue with stellar food and personalized attention, yet very, very reasonable in price. We also had the opportunity to enjoy the time and were able to socialize before and after the meal. We never felt rushed as we would have at a normal restaurant. We plan on going back and attending some of the classes or dinners that Sibby offers at Onion Creek Kitchens - a list of those are available on the website. We also want to stay in one of the 5 bed and breakfast rooms sometime for a relaxing getaway. That infinity edge pool, bocce ball, and massage are calling my name.

5  Thank DL54
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We're three friends who have gotten together for a week-end in November for the last 27 years. We loved our retreat to Juniper Hills. We stayed in the cabins on-site and took part in the Saturday evening cooking class/dinner. It was great fun. We learned to make yummy food and got to eat it. We especially enjoyed star gazing on the deck of our cabins. You must sign up far in advance to get into the cooking classes, but it is worth it.

1  Thank Txlyn
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We stayed in the cabins one evening with our extended family. This is a very comfortable, rustic setting. It was a great set up for our kids who loved being outdoors. My favorite aspect was the sauna located just inside the doorway of our cabin--very nice...also the limestone work in the bathroom is amazing.