“5 comfortable Nights”
Review of Outpost Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dripping Springs
Outpost Motel
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights while I was visiting in Dripping Springs. At $60 per night for a single person I found the rate to be a good value. The room was comfortable and quiet, and my stay was overall a pleasant experience. There is nice homey feel to the motel and the family that runs it seems to take pride in their enterprise. The previous review mentioned Motel 6 but I would say this is far superior to the Motel 6 experience, which I prefer to avoid. I think you will enjoy your stay here unless you feel insecure staying in anything but a corporate chain motel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Mike U
There are newer reviews for Outpost Motel

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Good points: Hospitality, TV & Cleanliness. Biggest complaint was that it was way overpriced ($90/ night), especially with this being off peak season. We agreed to this price before we ever saw the room (our fault), based on previous reviews. There are only 2 motels in this immediate area, the other motel will charge you about 40% more but it is a chain not a 13 room Mom & Pop motel. Overall I would compare room to a Motel 6, if you like that for $90 a night you will Love this place. I recommend staying in Austin about 20 miles East, @ a decent priced hotel chain.

Room Tip: With only 13 rooms , you either get one queen room or a 2-queen room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank popwolf
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

It was way better than expected. The staff are so friendly and accommodating! The older couple are learning English and did a great job trying to communicate. The daughter is doing a great job teaching them. Be a little patient and all will be well :) We must use CPAP machines and there was only a plug on one side of the bed but they quickly provided an extension cord and solved the problem. A small motel with interior entrances and comfy rooms set up more like bedrooms than motel rooms, that is, if your bedroom has a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker (with coffee and condiments) in it! Everything neat and orderly with hair dryer, shampoo, shower caps, soap and lotion provided. Nice big wall-mounted tv with lots of channels. A bit off the beaten path, hence the 4 rating on location, but very quiet and peaceful once there! Did not hear noise from other guests or cars and it was full when we checked out this morning. Picnic and a small playground makes it nice for families. Carpets are old and need replaced (4 rating on cleanliness) but they have delightfully scented air fresheners plugged in throughout the hallway so that makes it pleasant. Truthfully, I fully enjoyed my morning coffee in a ceramic cup and my ice water in a glass glass in our room so they get kudos for that from me! Much better than the plastic and paper we usually get in chain hotels. It may be older and need a little cosmetic work but we can overlook those few things as it is obvious they work hard to maintain the place. Choice of a room with one queen bed or two. We will gladly stay here again :)

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank 4msleah
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I recently stayed there on Christmas night, and from the reviews I really expected the worse. Was I suprised. This motel must have been recently remodeled. The room was nice and clean. Nice big digital hang on the wall TV. Mini-Fridge, in room coffee maker. Heater worked fine. Microwave. Great working wall mounted hair blow dryer. Extra pillows on top shelf of suitcase closet. Very Comforable bed. Friendly staff. The price was $60.00 dollars plus the tax. My room must have been recently remodled, as it was much nicer than the pictures they currenlty show on their website. I enjoyed my brief stay here. There isn't the continental breakfast that the chain hotels offer, but for a nice place to relax and a comfortable sleep at a good price, I would recommend this one.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Cheyennebay
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Made these reservations because it was closest location to the event we were attending. 5 Miles instead of 30 miles to the event. I agreed to the rate of 90.00 per night and reserved 2 nights. Before arriving, we decided to stay only one night and I was glad after arriving and checking in. We were charged 90.00 for the night we did not stay, gladly paid it. The entire establishment has been pieced together with used, outdated 1980-1990 furnishings and fixtures. Linens were similar to those used at local car wash, and the room was literally falling apart. Dirty every where I looked. I brought a toddler, so I looked very carefully. The Indian owner and his family run the place, so maybe by their standards it's worth 90.00 per night. Not by my standards however.

• Stayed: May 2012
8  Thank 3pawmom
Reviewed February 28, 2012

First the positives. Friendly locally owned motel. Inside entrances to rooms. Big outside area for picnics or gatherings. All rooms are non-smoking. Microwave and mini-fridge. Comfortable bed. Price was $60 plus tax on all rooms, either one queen bed or two double beds.

Now the negatives. The heating/a.c. unit was filled with dirt and dust. Turning it on was a mistake, woke up with a sore throat due to breathing in the stuff. Mold around the shower head because it was installed in the drywall instead of inside the stall. Overwhelming smell of disinfectant in the whole motel. Cobbled together look with mismatched furniture, etc...

In short, certainly nothing fancy but okay in a pinch. It has been a long time since I stayed in a non-chain hotel or motel, so it may be better or worse than the average small town motel. I don't have a frame of reference. The bottom line is I probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest
Americas Best Value Inn - Buda
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Lakeway
Quality Inn and Suites

Been to Outpost Motel? Share your experiences!