“Truly Amazing BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Salt Lick BBQ

Salt Lick BBQ
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Driftwood
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tacoma, Washington
“Truly Amazing BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

TEXAS style BBQ! It is fantastic. This place has a wonderful setting with lights strung from trees, to live music, to good old fashion picnic table eating. They also have a winery and tasting house. The BBQ is some of best I have had in Texas. From a group of 20 to just 2 people this place brings the service! The food is very reasonably priced, and the quality is there. I would be amazed if you walked out of this restaurant unhappy. I would go back , and back again!

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Fort Myers, Florida
“Finger Licking Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We had the combination plate with brisket, sausage, ribs, and several sides and everything was very tasty. Our only disappointment is we didn't bring a big enough cooler to take home all the leftovers. This is a casual restaurant where you eat on picnic tables and BYOB. There is a lot to look at with the big open BBQ's. Terrific place to take out of town guests.

• Visited April 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Especially for non US people, it's a whole new eating experience. Excellent.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I've seen some negative reviews posted on here which makes me think maybe I don't know as much about American BBQ houses as I might think...however, my first hand and possibly naive experience was that Salt Lick is an all round really great place to eat - both in terms of the actual food and service (we had Chris - who was fab, we never had to ask for anything), and as an all round culinary experience.

We got the All You Can Eat platter - which was probably unnecessary because it is just so much food, but there is something about knowing you can just keep ordering more that is really fun. It is $20 though, so not overly cheap.

The dining hall feel was actually really enjoyable (right down to the plastic plates), and if you want something that feels, sounds, looks and tastes like authentic Texan eating (you get to see the giant BBQ pit which is awesome) I would highly recommend - especially if you aren't from the states.

Overall - had a great time, and would recommend - maybe more to out of town tourists/passers by, but seriously, that food - yum.

Deatsville, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Drove from Alabama to visit friends and Salt Lick in Driftwood was recommended. This was their first time there too. We each had the brisket/turkey/sausage sampler. All four of us agreed it was the best we've every had! It's out in the country (original location), didn't have to wait too long (even though there were hundreds there). And the price for all 4 meals was VERY REASONABLE. It was the perfect BBQ experience! Our friends say this will be the only BBQ they eat from here on out!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty BBQ, beautiful grounds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went to Salt Lick while my husband and I were in Austin for a few days this past week. Food was delicious just as I had imagined. The slice of pecan pie that I took home with me was probably the best I have ever had. My only complaints are that 1) it's cash only! & 2) I was dining by myself that night, as my husband had a work event to attend and it was like I was just a afterthought to the waiter, he really couldn't be bothered with me.
Oh yeah, had a glass of their white wine which was very good, easy to drink on a hot Texas evening.